Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Major Mapleleaf I

  1. #1
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    490

    Default Major Mapleleaf I

    Heyja!

    I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about the first Major Mapleleaf?
    Displays of strength/strength level and agility/coordination, fighting ability, how invulnerable, etc. is the type of info I'm after.

    I don't have the comic in which he battles Northstar (though it recently was added to my list), but if anyone could help me out now, that would be much appreciated.

    I remember Banshee refering to Weapon Alpha as "Major Mapleleaf or whatever ye call yourself!!!", but never knew that somebody took that up name and made an actual character out of him. Cool.

  2. #2
    Alpha Flight
    syvalois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenfield Park, Québec
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Major Mapleleaf I

    Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Heyja!

    I remember Banshee refering to Weapon Alpha as "Major Mapleleaf or whatever ye call yourself!!!", but never knew that somebody took that up name and made an actual character out of him. Cool.
    Cool?

    Personnal choice, personnally, I hate him. number 1 in my hate liste before Wire (yes, I know phil...)
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

  3. #3
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Victoria, British Columbia
    Posts
    490

    Default Re: Major Mapleleaf I

    Quote Originally Posted by syvalois

    Cool?

    Personnal choice, personnally, I hate him. number 1 in my hate liste before Wire (yes, I know phil...)
    I suspect that is how I would feel about Major Mapleleaf II, from vol.3, even though I've never read any of those issues before. Him and this Yukon Jack fellow, and, well, pretty well vol.3 in general, but thats just my initial impression.

  4. #4
    Administrator Department H
    Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PEI Canada
    Posts
    5,162

    Default Re: Major Mapleleaf I

    Quote Originally Posted by Powersurge
    Heyja!

    I'm curious if anyone can tell me more about the first Major Mapleleaf?
    Displays of strength/strength level and agility/coordination, fighting ability, how invulnerable, etc. is the type of info I'm after.

    I don't have the comic in which he battles Northstar (though it recently was added to my list), but if anyone could help me out now, that would be much appreciated.

    I remember Banshee refering to Weapon Alpha as "Major Mapleleaf or whatever ye call yourself!!!", but never knew that somebody took that up name and made an actual character out of him. Cool.
    Well, the stats have never been published that I've ever seen. This might help a bit, but I don't have anything there that hasn't been printed in the comics themselves.

    Ben

  5. #5
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,073

    Default Re: Major Mapleleaf I

    Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Cool?

    Personnal choice, personnally, I hate him. number 1 in my hate liste before Wire (yes, I know phil...)
    :P

  6. #6
    Gamma Flight

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    105

    Default

    The first one was in line with those WW2 heros that were all uber-patriotic; Captian America, Captian Britain, the Soviet Super Soldier or somthing like that. There were a lot of them actually.

    The new Major Mapleleaf is a cool guy. I think he could eventualy take the reigns of Alpha Flight, give the old dudes a break. And his back story is probubly the most human, filled with child abuse and repression. This could eventually come out in a facinating story arc where he confronts his father (if he's alive, I don't remember), it could be filled with loathing and self-doubt which could lead to maybe, I dunno, a change of demenor or change of carrer, some forgiveness for his pops, put an end to the hero-worship, or even a romantic interlude with a compassionate teammate... I'm think Puck, that'd be sweet.

    Maybe he becomes his own man, then later, the loss of a central figure to revolve around causes him to lose confidence and breakdown, offering all sorts of options. Aw!!! This guy is great!! The possibilities!!! All all through it we must be endeared by his commitment to good and justice while battling inner deamons!! Good f*cking show, Mr. Author!!!!

  7. #7
    New Recruit

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Personally, I think a Canadian hero wearing a Mountie uniform has a lot of possibilities.
    "You will bow down before the almighty Bunghole!"-Cornholio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •