Poll: Should Frank Tieri do an Alpha Flight mini?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Frank Tieri do an Alpha Flight mini?

Default Should Frank Tieri do an Alpha Flight mini?

I just thought I'd ask this, since Frank expressed an interest in doing one.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'd prefer a maxi
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default If he wants to do it and MARVEL publishes it....

...then I'll [probably] buy it, especially if it's solid, quirky, heroic, and fun.

Added 6/18/05: It sounds very desperate to try and get another open-ended, on-going Alpha Flight series right this minute, right now! It's more important that whatever creative team takes on the challenge of producing another AF story-arc do it with some care and thought, not a rush-job by people who don't really give a damn about the characters.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Why not give him the reins on a full blown 100+ issue Volume 4? Forget all the miniseries talk. We've got to go full speed ahead on this one, folks! It's either him or Lobdell at this point to write "the Alpha Flight we deserve". I voted YES of course anyway

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I agree, full bore on getting AF back on track and in print!!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm the one vote against. I just don't see Tieri really doing justice to the team.

I don't vote because I never read any work form him. But for sure, I would like a mini before a full serie and I would like many mini-series for AF. Frankly, I like better to have AF in limbo than have stupid stories with them that convolute even more their history. And I just can't stand Hore-ora (Aurora), so anyone written her like that is just good to shot.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Frankly, I like better to have AF in limbo than have stupid stories with them that convolute even more their history. And I just can't stand Hore-ora (Aurora), so anyone written her like that is just good to shot.

Isn't she soooo cute when she's mad???

JohnnyCanuck

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Frankly, I like better to have AF in limbo than have stupid stories with them that convolute even more their history. And I just can't stand Hore-ora (Aurora), so anyone written her like that is just good to shot.

JohnnyCanuck
    Personally, she scares me when she gets like that!

I loved FT's work on Wolverine when I first saw it and later, when he had AF guest star I thought he captured them perfectly as both a team and as individuals.

Some folks are critical of his portrayal of Aurora in Weapon X(I even was), but the more I think about it....It's just a natural progression of his storyline for her. In Tieri's Wolverine issues...she was royally messed up by Mauvais's magic...her psyche was badly fractured and her mind is creating more personalities.

I'm no Psychology major, but I suppose it can really happen to someone with MPD if they're traumatized further. It happened in the original AF run too.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

JohnnyCanuck

Personally, she scares me when she gets like that!
    forgotten, I hope my teaching will not be...[-o< [-o< [-o<

I loved FT's work on Wolverine when I first saw it and later, when he had AF guest star I thought he captured them perfectly as both a team and as individuals.
    Like I said, I never read FT's work, so I can't really say. But I've heard people say Aurora was a major sl@$#$?&?&(*& and you know how I hate that) but if it's another personnality coming out, it's another matter. from what I was told usually in MPD , each new personnality have a different name and that's what should be done in her case. And I would create a male personality named Jean-Marie, just to mixed up people more

And Bonne St-Jean to everyone! I'm in vacation in Québec and it was a very nice weather for the big party in the Abraham Plains. Hope the pictures will come up nicely.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I'd definitly buy that book. He's one of the only writers to actually use these characters, so I believe he has a great respect for them. I'd love to see them take all the hype from Northstar's "death/rebirth" to give him his own AF team. That should draw some X fans without having to include ol' Wolvie. Speaking of which, I hope at least one member of AF is mentioned in House of M. It'd be a shame to not include them.

D.

I'm all for a mini:
    it allows better attention to the story and characters;
    should wrap itself up, thus not leaving worse convoluted crap
    can build interest and appreciation for the characters in the opposite way an ongoing is more likely to fail
    and
    -most importantly-
    won't build up and then disappoint the faithful followers the way an ongoing would.
    And Tieri has done well with the Alphas he's used, even if he's done some pretty nasty things to them in the course of his stories.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Tieri on AF

I got Wolverine# 172 (and #95) last Saturday, and I've got to admit ALPHA FLIGHT is handled well, The Old Gods are totally awesome, and THE GREAT BEASTS are done with some friggin' respect!

I'll buy a mini-, maxi-, on-going AF series if Tieri writes it, but hope TPTB get an artist/inker/colorist/letter/editor who match his writing, because I'm not as impressed with WEAPON X/Days of whatever.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Default Re: Tieri on AF

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    I got Wolverine# 172 (and #95) last Saturday, and I've got to admit ALPHA FLIGHT is handled well, The Old Gods are totally awesome, and THE GREAT BEASTS are done with some friggin' respect!

I'll buy a mini-, maxi-, on-going AF series if Tieri writes it, but hope TPTB get an artist/inker/colorist/letter/editor who match his writing, because I'm not as impressed with WEAPON X/Days of whatever.
    My thoughts exactly!