Thread: 5 minute ficlet...

Default 5 minute ficlet...

LOL I blame my own warped sense of humour which is forced to reside in the sewer along with the rest of the brain...the gutter's to clean. I typed this directly to post so any hiccups are because I don't have the crutch of grammar checks...meh. No continuity of any kind really other then the fact that Northstar is an X-Man and hating life as usual.

~~~~~~~~
    Flame Wha?

Jean-Paul Beaubier was having one of those days. The students were rebelling his latest project...par for the course...the American government was condemning him and others just like him for existing...par for the course again...he was stuck on the wrong side of the border...his own choice...one which he was questioning as usual every five seconds. And now he was trying really hard not to just jump the object of his secret desire and have his wicked way with the frozen X-Man.

Instead he remained painfully silent as Bobby flipped through channels looking for something, anything, to watch. Bobby spotted an ad for an upcoming movie and paused.

"They're getting their own damn movie now!?!?" Bobby whined. Jean-Paul just cocked an eyebrow and watched for a few seconds before figuring out who the film was about. "That don't look like New York." Bobby muttered as he watched the film trailer.

"It's Vancouver." Jean-Paul stated. He couldn't help chuckling at Bobby's snort of distaste and muttered comments about Canadians and Canada in general.

"That looks nothing like Johnny!" Bobby hollered after a few more seconds...not that Jean-Paul cared when he got a good look at the actor.

"Oh salut. Mon nom est Jean-Paul. Est tu?" He purred.

I'm so telling the match stick the next time I see him dude." Bobby teased.

Jean-Paul just waved dismissively towards his companion as the ad came to an end. Two words that closed it out though suddenly had him laughing. Bobby turned to look at the Canadian as he began sliding down in his seat, laughing harder then anyone could recall since Jean-Paul’s arrival at the school more then a year ago.

“Okay…either you’ve finally snapped and gone ga-ga or the Fantastic Four getting their own movie is so outrageously hilarious, yer running the risk of choking to death.” Bobby mumbled as he stared on in awe.

After a few attempts at speaking and a coughing fit, Jean-Paul finally managed to tell Bobby what he’d found so funny all of a sudden. “I never realised it before about the Torch…and people have the balls to call me flaming.” Jean-Paul succumbed to another laughing fit, while Bobby just puzzled over what he’d said. Then it dawned on him in all of its glorious, crude, and tasteless, meaning. The Iceman lost it and joined his team mate in laughter.

Hours later in the Baxter Building, Johnny Storm stared at the answering machine as the message replayed for the sixth time. “Bobby bud…what are they feeding you over there? Acid?” He muttered.

“Who you talkin’ to?” Ben Grimm piped up.

Johnny turned to his friend and jerked a thumb at the answering machine. “Bobby called…something about Northstar and my ‘Flame On’ thi…that bastard!” Johnny laughed. The Thing was going to comment except that he’d dropped his cigar during the last part. Sue was going to kill him for burning another hole into her slip covers.

FINI!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Ben had to tell me the joke, because I was perplexe after reading your fanfic, but now it's ok:P I was only remembering the joke we had (Bruno and I) with the human torch name, but it's not very funny for anyone else. Anyway, I like seen french and correct it. I think I'm bad. But just to make you see I read it, you made a little mistake in french and when you wrote :"Est tu?" you meant: "and you?", well, you should have wrote "Et toi?" And I know a lot of spelling mistake you made but never mention bad french, no? yes I'm sooooooooooooooo
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

=ppp

seeing as French isn't my native language...and I haven't used it in ages...I went with the gut instinct. But danke. ^^

HA! That was good! What I really found funny was the part about how JP reacted to the actor playing the Torch in the movie, because a buddy of mine had that reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    HA! That was good! What I really found funny was the part about how JP reacted to the actor playing the Torch in the movie, because a buddy of mine had that reaction.
    ahahahahahaha! Yeah so'd I. I went with my folks this evening to see Cinderella Man (amazing flick btw) and the preview for F4 was the second one they showed...My poor mother got a slight bruise on her arm because I was fangirling and squeeking next to her...banging on her arm while I was at it. My Dad however just muttered under his breath that I should really try acting my age instead of like some god damn kid. Mum and I both told him to stick it.

Mum's going with me btw to see the movie when it opens! She's in love with Ioan Gruffudd... Sugoi! lol