Thread: excalibur gets new series

Default excalibur gets new series

after getting axed.

new excalibur starring captain britain.

waht a novel idea giving the fans the originals they have wanted.

well considering how jilted fans felt when it got cancelled originally, it's about time.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I felt jilted. There was a poor run for a year or two following Alan Davis' second departure, but most of the 125 issues were great reads, really good at the end. I had a letter printed in it somewhere around #100 too.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: excalibur gets new series

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    after getting axed.

new excalibur starring captain britain.

waht a novel idea giving the fans the originals they have wanted.
    SPOILERS>>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Well...if by "originals" you mean...a completely different group, with one original member(Captain Britain)....wait...this seems all very familiar.

Oh well....at least it takes place in London and has Capt Britain...Nocturne will fill her dad's spot nicely, I think....but what's with Juggernaut, Dazzler and Sage being on the team? Where's Meggan, Kylun, Psylocke should be here too.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I doubt that it'll be so tongue in cheek as AF v3 was. Likely more of a superhero comic.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'll never understand the reasoning they made Juggernaut into a hero. He was great in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I'll never understand the reasoning they made Juggernaut into a hero. He was great in small doses.
    Actually, Even from the beginning, Cain had the makings to be a hero, all he had to do was stop being pissed off at everybody else (like what happened to him later on). And the reason behind Cain becoming a hero was simple: Austin wanted a powerhouse on the team, and since he couldn't have Colossus (this was back when Joe Q was still on his 'dead means dead' kick - which lasted all of twenty minutes), he opted for Juggernaut.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

But isn't Cain a badguy now, after attacking and helping destroy the X-mansion (again), and seeing his buddy Squidboy get killed by Black Tom et al?? Why would Excalibur have anything to do with him? I guess it's to not offend the people who 'liked' the horrible Excalibur comic House of M is doing away with

But it's better that they put nonessential charcters on Excalibur and not on Alpha Flight... 2006?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    But isn't Cain a badguy now, after attacking and helping destroy the X-mansion (again), and seeing his buddy Squidboy get killed by Black Tom et al?? Why would Excalibur have anything to do with him? I guess it's to not offend the people who 'liked' the horrible Excalibur comic House of M is doing away with

But it's better that they put nonessential charcters on Excalibur and not on Alpha Flight... 2006?
    No, Cain was faking it. He and Alex set something up so that it LOOKED like he was teaming up with the new Brotherhood, pretending to be a mole in the X-Men (in fact he was a double-mole). In the end, he and Nocturne (from the Exiles) tagteamed against Black Tom, keeping him from excaping as Xorn pulled them into his head.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    I guess it's to not offend the people who 'liked' the horrible Excalibur comic House of M is doing away with
    Some people LIKED that awfulness which was Excalibur (or "Dull Tales of Dull Characters Talking Dull Stuff in the Ruins of Genosha" as I like to call it!).

I am actually sad to see the back of Book and Broadband who surely were the best all new characters ever to be invented ever ever ever!!!!!

*ahem*

I seem to remember some kind of fanfare over the characters of Wicked and Freakshow but both characters just seemed to vanish altogether close to the end of the run! Maybe Hub teleported them away, after all why would anyone CHOOSE to live in the ruined shell of Genosha????

Some people LIKED that awfulness which was Excalibur (or "Dull Tales of Dull Characters Talking Dull Stuff in the Ruins of Genosha" as I like to call it!).
    This issue: Charles and Eric do the dishes!

That was good.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr
    This issue: Charles and Eric do the dishes!
    No that's too exciting, they would have to have a long pointless discussion about it but never actually get around to doing them - which is why after over a year of being there they have achieved ziltch with regards to rebuilding Genosha!

Hey...we could have gotten the long-winded explanations of why Xavier can't telepathically convince the mold to leave its nesting place under the caulking or why Eric can't latch on to its minute ferrous content.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.