Thread: She-Hulk references Sasquatch appearance from 20yrs ago!!!

Default She-Hulk references Sasquatch appearance from 20yrs ago!!!

I just discovered that Jennifer Walters, aka She-Hulk, knew about the obscure battle between Sasquatch and The Champion, depicted in the Marvel 2 in 1 annual #7, published in 1982. Sasquatch fought an interdimensional being called, "The Champion" in a staged boxing match and unfortunately lost. Don't feel bad... Namor, Wonder Man, Thor, Colossus and The Hulk (!!?!?!) also lost. She-Hulk revisits this arena in issue #8 of her series and makes a nice reference to the unfortunate events of over 20 years ago:

Well, it appears as if someone has done their research for that panel!!! I find it curious that Jennifer mentioned only Sasquatch, Colossus and Wonderman and not Thor nor Namor nor The Hulk, who are all obviously more famous characters.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

ca parle surement du tournois des champions edité en France dans les années 80 on y voit surtout sasquatch
    I love Véga/Northstar !!!!

Thank you for responding to my post. Could you please publish a translation into either English or Spanish for me? Thanks.

Machine translation of above: Merci de répondre Ã* mon poteau. Pourriez-vous svp éditer une traduction dans anglais ou l'Espagnol pour moi ? Merci.

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Thank you for responding to my post. Could you please publish a translation into either English or Spanish for me? Thanks.

Machine translation of above: Merci de répondre Ã* mon poteau. Pourriez-vous svp éditer une traduction dans anglais ou l'Espagnol pour moi ? Merci.

Love,
    rplass
    LMAO!!!!!! Sorry, the translation was too funny poteau is the physical thing not a message on internet. so it's like saying Harfang answered your telephone pole

From what I understand you where saying mostly the same stuff. Harfang said : "it must surely be from the Champions tournament (contest?) published in France in the 80's where we could mostly see sasquatch.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Oh, that is funny. I have found that the machine translator can be rather ridiculous. One of my friends has a website that iteratively translates text between various languages until it become unintelligible. Here is the URL:

http://babel.mrfeinberg.com/

WARNING: there is text on that website that is unsuitable for younger viewers and may be offensive for any aged viewers. It allows users to enter text without editing and some users have chosen to use curse words and make reference to sexual acts. But for those "of age" and those not easily offended, it's quite funny.

I wonder what was published in France in the 1980s with Sasquatch? Was it just a French version of the Marvel Two-In-One annual #7 from 1982?

Love,
    rplass

I wonder what was published in France in the 1980s with Sasquatch? Was it just a French version of the Marvel Two-In-One annual #7 from 1982?
    Maybe, I do not know, but it's quite possible. See, in France comics are published or where published as a combo of many titles like say Captain America title with The Avenger title, or FF with Spider-Man. Strange was the name of the title that had X-Men stories in it. The only copy I got had 1 (or 2 can't remember) X-men issue and also an old FF story like really, really old. So, the numerotation is not the same and so are the title.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Quote Originally Posted by rplass

Love,
    rplass
    LMAO!!!!!! Sorry, the translation was too funny poteau is the physical thing not a message on internet. so it's like saying Harfang answered your telephone pole

From what I understand you where saying mostly the same stuff. Harfang said : "it must surely be from the Champions tournament (contest?) published in France in the 80's where we could mostly see sasquatch.
    champions contest yes !!! where we can find a french , german , irish etc...super hero
    I love Véga/Northstar !!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I suspected as much. What you describe is 'Contest of Champions', the original version. The She-Hulk one (where she not only neglects the more famous characters, she neglects her -cousin-!) is Marvel 2-in-1 annual #7.
    Sas is prominent in both.

Damn, the Thing looks plastic in the movie trailer... but not as much as Doom.

- Le Messor
    "Before we begin, we must apologies to any blind people or children for what happened before the ad break."
    - Celebrity Jeopardy