Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See you in Wizard World Philly!

Default See you in Wizard World Philly!

Hi, everyone. I will be in Philadelphia for the Wizard World con June 3-5. I will be in artists alley. I will have a few AF pages for sale although Kwan's website is still the best place to purchase original art. I will be doing sketches for those who are interested and I'll be more than happy to sign any issues you have. I don't do many cons, so this will be my only appearance this year.

See you there.

clay

Hey, if anyone is going to this, I'd LOVE to get my grubby little paws on a Sasquatch sketch

Oh well, worth a try

Ben

Hey Ben, Im Ken's brother (Mos Def) and I live near Philly (15 minutes away) As long as Clayton doesnt charge too much I will get it for you and get your info via email since my brother liked you as a person

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def
    Hey Ben, Im Ken's brother (Mos Def) and I live near Philly (15 minutes away) As long as Clayton doesnt charge too much I will get it for you and get your info via email since my brother liked you as a person
    Oh, wow, I'm touched...drop me an email at ben@alphaflight.net

Ben

I was on "the fence" about going to this Con, but this has clinched it for me.

See, if CH is going to be there, so will I . I wonder what time/day he will be there to sign stuff... He's not listed on the wizardworld.com website [yet].

Love,
    rplass

PS I hope to meet any other AF.netters who would be so kind as to make themselves publicly known. I'll be wearing a black Batman shirt and generally gravitating around CH's table. Yeah, as if that would make me so easy to spot. Uh, I look like this: http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_c...php?pic_id=303 , so if you see some dude who looks like that wearing a black Batman shirt, that's me. My hair won't look as nice as it did on the day that picture was taken, of course, but you'll recognize me, I'm sure. Just be all, "Dude, are you rplass?"
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Guess who lives in Philly?

Me!

Guess who's on vacation that week with nothing but time on his hands and no where but the baseball HOF to go to?

Me

I'm there when it opens on the 3rd only as I'll be out of town the 4th and 5th but if anyone would like me to grab something speak now.

I probably will go on the third day too. Will Henry be there all three days.If not that would change my plans. I said I would get the Sasquatch pic for Ben but you could get a Yukon Jack pic and we could work some arrangements out about mail

Question for you ComicCon vets. This would be my 1st time at this type of event. What can I ask Clay to draw without being too much of a pain in the butt? Is there normally a price for this? Any help would be great.

Ah, try to balance between something that's not an excruciatingly painful thing to draw and something that captures the essence of what you love about Clayton's art. Just talk to him and tell him what you love about his art, and find out what he likes to draw and see how it matches up with what you'd want to see. So you can ask him, "I want a sixteen-way underwater battle scene between obscure Alpha Flight members and obscure Marvel villians whose costumes I don't remember on a 2pg spread with flaming metors smashing down through the water surface and a landscape of ancient Atlantis..." if that's what you really want, but remember that CH hates drawing backgrounds and loves drawing character facial expressions. Remember that 3/4 views are the most difficult to render and that hands and perspective take quite a bit of time, so keep it to a straight on character head shot and you should be OK. Or you could ask for something specifically interesting and unique that he alone, as one of many artists drawing Alpha Flight over the years, brought to Alpha Flight, like Imperial Guardian's future costume with the cape, that new Snowbird costume that we never really saw, something involving Mar, or another quick shot of Yukon Jack's bone-spiraling powers. If I am so humbled as to be on the receiving end of a sketch, I'd ask for a head and shoulder shot of a single character, probably Puck, and probably doing something playful like blowing a kiss, something simple like that, which he should he able to crank out fairly effortlessly and enjoy it. THE GIRL PUCK! [before you yahoos get a chance to take a crack!] You can also just let him rip one out from what he loves to draw and let him decide. Overall it will depend on how cool he is, how well you connect with him, and how much he believes what he gives you for free will be appreciated.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I'd ask for a head and shoulder shot of a single character, probably Puck, and probably doing something playful like blowing a kiss, something simple like that, which he should he able to crank out fairly effortlessly and enjoy it. THE GIRL PUCK! [before you yahoos get a chance to take a crack!]
    Love,
    rplass

What's wrong with the original Puck blowing a kiss? Personnally, I would find that a lot more funny
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Thanks, I was wondering what I could ask for without it being excessive. And now that you brought up the Imperial Guardian idea I may have to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    What's wrong with the original Puck blowing a kiss? Personnally, I would find that a lot more funny
    queue Allan!

Ben

queue Allan!

Is that in french or in english? if un french, I find this disturbing
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

I also lol
    I love VĂ©ga/Northstar !!!!

hah, that's the old call-cener lingo...I meant cue....but queue is used in eglish to mean a waiting line, much like a tail. If you called tech support, and everyone is already on a call, you are placed in the queue

Ben