Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Squadron

Well, two down as being American it seems. Victor of course, and Andrea is to be Andrea Margulies (Rubbermaid), a stretch mutant from another X title.

That leaves the tall guy with the ponytail, the girl who may be his sister, purple guy, and the other girl who looks a bit Canadian as possible characters with Canadian and/or AF ties.

Of course, it's never been stated that Rubbermaid or Victor are not Canadians in the comic, but I am guessing that they're not. I'm not sure where Rubbermaid was first seen, anyway.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Learned more about the characters. Purple guy is Indra from India, can add sectional armour to his body. Body art girl is Loa likely from Hawaii, can swim through matter.

So that makes two non-Canadians for sure, with Victor and Rubbermaid unlikely Canadians. The other girl and the tall boy with the ponytail are left. Hope one is Canadian. After all, with Victor being gay, why wouldn't a Canadian far from home want to be on a team with someone who knows about home and snow et al? Girl or boy?

At Grind Stone on Comix-X-fan or whatever one writer (Nunzio) posted all this info.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Learned more about the characters. Purple guy is Indra from India, can add sectional armour to his body. Body art girl is Loa likely from Hawaii, can swim through matter.

So that makes two non-Canadians for sure, with Victor and Rubbermaid unlikely Canadians. The other girl and the tall boy with the ponytail are left. Hope one is Canadian. After all, with Victor being gay, why wouldn't a Canadian far from home want to be on a team with someone who knows about home and snow et al? Girl or boy?

At Grind Stone on Comix-X-fan or whatever one writer (Nunzio) posted all this info.
    No new news but I read a silly-ish theory on usenet about Alpha Squadron; one guy/gal posted that maybe the sixth member (the girl with dark hair, not the tall boy with the ponytail) is Aurora's daughter, as if she was a pregnant teen, gave up the baby for adoption then was in the convent and discovered her powers. She'd have been a Mom at 14 or 15 to make sense but it would be an interesting twist. With her MPD to help explian it all.

Live it.

Well, the cat's out of the bag with this week's publication of The New Mutants: Academy X Yearbook Special #1. This is actually a pretty neato comic with a full-page detailed listing with photos of the Alpha Squadron members, including their powers. It's very well done. However, JP is not listed as their advisor, so it's not an Alpha Flight appearance.

Hopefully someone will scan the images and/or post the text. The comic contains a story, followed by single page listings of the student teams, followed by individual page entrys in the OHOTMU2004/5 style for the members of the New Mutants and the Hellions.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Well, two down as being American it seems. Victor of course, and Andrea is to be Andrea Margulies (Rubbermaid), a stretch mutant from another X title.

That leaves the tall guy with the ponytail, the girl who may be his sister, purple guy, and the other girl who looks a bit Canadian as possible characters with Canadian and/or AF ties.

Of course, it's never been stated that Rubbermaid or Victor are not Canadians in the comic, but I am guessing that they're not. I'm not sure where Rubbermaid was first seen, anyway.
    I believe Rubbermaid was first seen in kitchens and garages all across North America. Possibly in the bathroom too.

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haw! That was great, JC!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!