Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back At it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. You had a good surgeon.
    Yah, they did a good job putting it back together. The heavy scar tissue is causing some problems with the operation of the eyelid, but hopefully that will get better. Stitches are out now, and the wounds all closed on the surface. Still hurts lots, and having visual issues, but it's comming along.

Ben

had lots o' people asking how I'm healing up, so here it is:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=323

Still can't close my eye, but looking much better now.

Ben

Now all you have to do is get infected with a techno-organic virus and you'll be the spitting image of Cable.

For all those interested, here is a proper update on the building progress of my house. Just got the door and 2 windows beside it put in today. I'll start siding that top wall on Monday.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=387

Ben

Very nice, when do ou start on the driveway?

It's coming along great, Ben!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    Very nice, when do ou start on the driveway?
    Well, I sort of have a driveway...it's really just a car width path through the hay, but it works for now

Ben

well, just about a month since the last pic was posted. Since then the upstairs on the side you see is all sided, soffeted and painted (where paint applys) On the other side, 2 other windows in, stairs build with temporary steps in. I'm done work now for a while, so I'll have some time to get more done on the house.

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=399

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Still can't close my eye, but looking much better now. Ben
    How do you keep from going blind? Eyedrops?

And, house is looking good. Hmmm... Y'know, you could make a pretty good replica of the house in 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' out of that thing. (For more reference, e-mail me, and I'll scan in pics of the actual house, from angles you don't see in the movies. Ooh, and I'll send you the address. Is he kidding?)

- Le Messor
    Amish Guy: 'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English.

- Simpsons

That's looking very good, Ben.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ben, here's something I caught from the pictures (unless I just couldn't make it out) that may save you some aggravation down the line.
    One of the properties I manage has had a recurring leak that we thought was from the second floor bathroom. Water comes out on the first floor, but is not appearing anywhere on the second floor. The leak was absolutely out of control through last week's bad weather, but only sometimes. The upper apartment was empty, the main reason we could eliminate the water as from the bathroom immediately above the leak.
    It turns out that there is no flashing under the seams of where the dormer sections meet the roof skirt. Pic at http://www.kozzi.us/property.htm, first building on left.)
    If it's not too late Ben, get some flashing under the skirts to the dormer walls, or at least do a MAJOR job sealing that up. Problem only happens when the wind drives the rain under the window sills, but has been a major problem in discovering the source and interior damage.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Thanks for the concern Jeff! Fear not, it's very well flashed. I have a layer of flashing over the seams, plus a layer of water and ice (the sticky ashfalt roof seam cover) LOTS of tar, colking on the seams between the flashing and the roof, with shingles on top. We've had some HEAVY rain this fall, with lots of wind, and so far, not a drop.

Ben

here's a more up-to-date pic for those folling my progress:

http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_pic.php?pic_id=479

Ben

Looking better and better. I guess we could call you Ben of Green Gables?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    Looking better and better. I guess we could call you Ben of Green Gables?

I wouldn't recommend it if you wanna keep both your legs :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine