Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back At it!!!!

Default Back At it!!!!

Well, after the better part of the winter off, I'm back to working on my house/studio starting tomorrow! I'll be shingling the roof for the next few days.

This is gonna be a tough summer, Head bartender at a new bar in a very touristy area of the island, and working on my house/studio ... Someone poke me every few hours to keep me awake.

Ben

Get me a sharpened stick and you've got a deal!

gotcher pokey stick thingie right here baby!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

well, just as we were finishing prepping the roof for shigling, my buddy who's working with my shot an air nail an inch into his hand...so we stopped working... But here's where it stands now: http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_c...php?pic_id=314

Ben

You stopped to take the nail out and then went back to work right? I mean, it was only in an inch...

Seriously, how's your bud doing? The place is looking good. By the way, not being in contruction, what is "tyveked"? Strapping and tyveking... sounds just plain kinky, man.

Oh, thanks for the stick LM, it's just in time to get lazyboy there back to work. (poke)

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    You stopped to take the nail out and then went back to work right? I mean, it was only in an inch...

Seriously, how's your bud doing? The place is looking good. By the way, not being in contruction, what is "tyveked"? Strapping and tyveking... sounds just plain kinky, man.
    Actually...he did just pull it out, clean it up, bandage it, have a smoke and go back to work...we got about half an hour more work done and he started to loose the strenght in it, and it was just hurting too much. He's seeing the doctor tomorrow about it, so I'll just clear deadfall in the woods with the chainsaw tomorrow.

Tyvek is the white stuff you see covering the ground floor. It keeps moisture and cold out, but allows the bulding to breathe. the strapping is the wood over top of the tyvek, since I'm doing vertical board siding, it has to go over hroizontal strapping. Also since I'm putting a second layer of tyvek over the strapping, there will be a dead air space, adding R value really cheap.

Oh, thanks for the stick LM, it's just in time to get lazyboy there back to work. (poke)
    OUCH! Hey, not yet! I don't start at the bar for an other week!

Ben

Ben:

Nail through the head, and he still went back to work?!? That's friendship right there!!

So Ben, is this your "Dream Home" your building, a Love Shack maybe?? Looks like your summer will be busy. Keep us posted. Take care.

well, I had a bit of an accident yesterday. It involved my face and a chainsaw. Got rushed to halifax to be sewn up, gonna be funny lookin' for a while. I'm ok though, in lots of pain, still kinda doped out. Got about 40 stitches that I can count.

Ben

Holy baloney Did you read the instructions in the chainsaw manual regarding: DO NOT USE ON FACE??

Man, it sounds like you belong in Alpha Flight. Was Marvel Comics behind the attack? j/k! Dude, please have a speedy and full recovery.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    well, I had a bit of an accident yesterday. It involved my face and a chainsaw. Got rushed to halifax to be sewn up, gonna be funny lookin' for a while. I'm ok though, in lots of pain, still kinda doped out. Got about 40 stitches that I can count.

Ben
    Geez, glad to hear you're still in one piece.

And try to stay off the face, eh?

Okay, that's long enough, get back to work.

(poke)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Ben
    CRINGE
    CRINGE
    CRINGE
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Okay, that's long enough, get back to work.

(poke)
    Hey! Yer a slave driver! At least wait 'till I can open my eye again! It's all swollen shut and puffy. I've got pictures if anyone wants to be grossed out....but I'll not be that mean.

Ben

GAH!!!!! Ben, be careful! I'm glad to hear you're alright.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ben:

My God!! I'm sorry to hear that. Get well soon Brotha!!! Take it easy for a couple of weeks. No house is worth that! Keep us posted on your Road to Recovery!!!