Thread: New Thunderbolts

Default New Thunderbolts

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions of the New Thunderbolts series??

I fell in love with this series since Issue #1 of Busiek/Bagley original run. I'm really enjoying the new series, especially since Nicieza and Busiek are co-plotting! Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts. Take care.

On a side note: If Captain Marvel is calling himself Photon, what the heck is Photon going to call herself now???

Default Re: New Thunderbolts

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    On a side note: If Captain Marvel is calling himself Photon, what the heck is Photon going to call herself now???

Dunno, but if things keep going as is, Genis will be calling HIMSELF that... why is he usurping Monica's names?!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hopefully it will lead to an appearance by Monica...always liked that character, one of Roger Stern's best creation.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Kozzi:

Monica Rambeau is another underused character with great potential. I read online that she will make an appearance in an upcoming issue, Photon vs. Photon!!

I just don't understand; why would Marvel let two characters have the same codename??

And I agree, the Roger Stern/John Buscema run of Avengers were some of the greatest stories in the entire series!

I just don't understand; why would Marvel let two characters have the same codename??
    The same reason why, during the early to mid 90's, we had two Novas (in NW and Silver Surfer), and the X-Men had two Phoenixes (in the original Excalibur and X-Men/Uncanny X-Men) - it's a cool name.

HappyCanuck:

I hear what you're saying about the name thing. Can't wait to see the Photon vs. Photon fight in the next issue!!

But, Anyhow, does anyone have any thoughts about the new series?? The roster? Storylines? This is one of my favorite Marvel titles; Any Thoughts??

HappyCanuck:

I hear what you're saying about the name thing. Can't wait to see the Photon vs. Photon fight in the next issue!!

But, Anyhow, does anyone have any thoughts about the new series?? The roster? Storylines? This is one of my favorite Marvel titles; Any Thoughts??
    I don't read the title, only because it's not carried here, but I will admit to having liked the original idea. But I'm not up on the storylines, since, as I said, I haven't read it. the only time I saw the team, as it were, was when they crossed over with the Avengers about 4 years ago against Nafaria.

I've been an enthusiastic fan of the series since it originally started.
    The volume 2 roster doesn't do as much for me tho. Don't care for joystick in any way. Not as enthusiastic about Blizzard or the speedster (his name escapes me at the moment) though those two and Radioactive Man are at least piquing my interest.
    Maybe this version has seemed more like a poor Sinister Six than the anti-Avengers the original team seemed to be?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

kozzi:

I know what you mean. Some of the supporting cast I could do without, Joystick for one, and, I don't know what's going to happen with Photon, he seems like the odd man out in this group.

I think Radioactive Man, Blizzard and Speed Demon are a nice addition. Speed Demon especially since he seems more easily tempted to go back to the "Dark Side". But your right, without Zemo and Moonstone, it's not the same book. But, I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.