Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daleks and Dr. Who

That is a nice Dalek. Are you watching the new Doctor Who series. It is fantastic. As good as Tom Baker's run. It is updated in its look. And Rose is beautiful. The producers took the best of the old and added some updated and ended up with a great new series.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Are you watching the new Doctor Who series. It is fantastic. As good as Tom Baker's run.
    Oh yeah, it's been soooo long since it's been on I'm not missing a single episode. In fact I'm recording them to watch over and over. This series very much has the feel of the Tom Baker era which is my favourite, so this is a dream come true!

I am looking forward to seeing the updated Daleks. I hope they are not to different. They have 13 episodes filmed so far and 3 have been on here. I am hoping there are enough people watching so it will continue after the 13 episodes.
    I am missing seeing the jelly babies but you never know he might have them in his pocket along side his trusty sonic screwdriver.
    So are you entering the contest to win a trip to the set in Britain? That would be cool.
    Richard Vasseur

I am looking forward to seeing the updated Daleks.
    I hope they are not to different.
    I can't wait either. As far as updating the Daleks, you can't imporove on perfection.

They have 13 episodes filmed so far and 3 have been on here. I am hoping there are enough people watching so it will continue after the 13 episodes.
    I wouldn't worry, there's been a huge, positive response to the new show.

So are you entering the contest to win a trip to the set in Britain? That would be cool.
    Every week! What about you?

I read they are changing the top part of the Dalek's light. You can read the article at www.jazmaonline.com.com its in the TV section.
    Richard Vasseur

The ratings have been so good that they have already commissioned a Christmas Special and a further 13 episodes to be filmed next year.

The Daleks apparently appear a few times, the first time we meet them they look pretty much like they did when last we saw them, but the second tim they look quite different.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

However, the current Doctor will NOT be back, they have already cast another one and he is quite young!

No spoiler there BB, it was announced even before the show aired here that Eccleston wouldn't be back for another season. Here's a link to the BBC article introducing the 10th Doctor:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/drwho...18/18639.shtml

He looks sorta like a soccer hooligan, eh?

He looks ok. It is to bad the current one is going though. With Galifrey destroyed though how will he regenerate?
    It is good that the series will continue and Rose is staying.
    Richard Vasseur

With Galifrey destroyed though how will he regenerate?
    I think the regenerative ability is something every Time Lord has (had) and doesn't require the planet to occur. Of course this, and the fact that the Time Lords could travel anywhen in time, makes me wonder just how they were wiped out while Dr. Who survived.

It is good that the series will continue and Rose is staying.
    Too true! I like Billie Piper, she's not just good looking she's also very talented.

Yes if Time Lords can travel in time why doesn't Dr. Who just go back in time before h planet was destroyed and stop it from happening? It was mentioned that Time Lords have to go home and use the equipment there to regenerate. But I think he once did it on his own somehow I'll not sure.
    Billie Piper is very talented as an actress. And the fact that she looks so great is a really nice bonus.
    Richard Vasseur

Time Lords can regenerate by themselves and the Doctor has always managed to do it unaided - although that isn't to say that they haven't been hard on him. When he regenerated into his fifth incarnation he was extremely weak and needed to use the Zero Room in the TARDIS to help heal himself. Also when he regenerated into this sixth incarnation he was practically schizophrenic and even tried to strangle Peri, his companion at the time.

Romana - a previous companion - was a Time Lady and was able to regenerate extremely easily. She regenerated merely because she wanted to!

Apparently the destruction of Gallifrey has been written about in the BBC novels of the series and as a lot of the writers of the novels are now writing for the series that is probably why it was bought into the series.

Of course only time will tell if the Doctor is indeed the last of the Time Lords.

I wonder if there is any chance of the Master showing up? If he did than the Doctor would not be the last of the Time Lords.
    The last episode with the gaseous creatures was interesting. It had a nice horror type of atmosphere to it.
    Richard Vasseur

I want to see the Doctor's new adventures...It's not fair!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

There was a failed attempt by Fox to restart Dr. Who a few years ago, they shot a made-for-TV movie in Vancouver but it was horrible! They made the Doctor half-human and stole any reference they could from the old series and threw them in willy-nilly. It was a big mess! But to get back to the point, the Master was destroyed in the movie so if the writers are keeping it part of continuity then they have to find a way to bring him back.

Here's a synopsis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Within#Synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I want to see the Doctor's new adventures...It's not fair!

Dana
    I think you should be able to get the CBC in Maine. If so tune in Tuesdays at 8 pm.