Thread: New X-Men #13 6 page preview featuring Northstar

Default New X-Men #13 6 page preview featuring Northstar

Heya all,

Just added a 6 page preview of New X-Men #16 to AF.net Lates News. Several pages with Northstar, plus a new cover, not the one from the solicit with a memorial statue of NS.

Ben

Apparently it doesn't take very long to erect a massive statue in the Marvel universe. . . I mean, he wasn't dead for long.

Looks like a great tie-in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Defunct
    Apparently it doesn't take very long to erect a massive statue in the Marvel universe. . . I mean, he wasn't dead for long.
    Maybe one of the students has the mutant power to make statues...

Ben

In Uncanny X-Men #393 (where Northstar flies to Genosha as an interim member of the X-Men), Magneto sculpts a stunning statue of Colossus in less than 1 minute (2 panels of action) out of metallic floor tiles. So yeah, maybe one of the students can manipulate rock. Is there a rock-manipulative mutant? I know we have fire, air and water manipulati...

It's quite possible... have you ever seen the motley crew of assorted mutants wandering through the hallways in the New Mutants Vol.2 series or, to a lesser degree, in the New X-Men: Academy X series? It's hysterical how they just pop in a scaly half fish/half horse-boy next to some guy with a glass skull helmet next to a girl with five arms and one leg (I'm using hyperbole, my apologies to the polybrazen unipods out there), any one of which might have rock control powers.

Or the more likely explanation is that the X-editors didn't check with the Wolverine editors first about the reincarnation.

Love,
    rplass

Or maybe they have a warehouse stocked with statues of X-Men and thier associates, just incase. They try and keep at least half a dozzen of Jean Grey in stock.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Is there a rock-manipulative mutant? I know we have fire, air and water manipulati...
    Magma could technically qualify for this.

Or the more likely explanation is that the X-editors didn't check with the Wolverine editors first about the reincarnation.
    Oh they knew.
    As far as the kids are concerned he's dead remember. They haven't seen him reincarnated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Oh they knew.
    As far as the kids are concerned he's dead remember. They haven't seen him reincarnated.
    Not only that, but the first part of this iss takes place RIGHT during the last half of Wolv 25. JP's JUST died, so the resurrection deal isn't even a foot note yet.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine