Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Northstar's new look in AoA

They killed another alternate Kyle!!! I've always hated Sentinels...I'd say more but I try to avoid foul language... I don't much like many of the writers nowadays either....
    "I can't believe this. I actually have a crush on a hologram! I don't know whether I should talk to a psychologist or an electrician!" Kyle, referring to Shard

Default Re: ...but Sasquatch has The TANARAQ factor

[I don't know how awesome what I would write would be. I can't read, write, or speak French, which is a necessity for Northstar and Aurora, so I would have to cheat with the "translated from the French" dodge, just to let everyone know right up front. I would try (and have to work hard) to make a solid story with hopefully no big holes in it that everybody would quickly spot! G/A-F]
    I know you wrote that ages ago, but trust me computer translator are horrible if you want accurancy. But what is good about forums and knowning other people around the globe, you can ask people that do speak the language to translate stuff for you. Usually they are more than happy to do it. I know I would as many others would or can too. (thanks again (forget the name, sorry)for my spanish translation :P ) [/b]
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Good idea.

I also like the idea of two people collaborating to write Alpha Flight, like Stephenson and Larsen did (and Furman and Lobdell did). I believe in that "two heads is better than one" old saying.

Most of my story-ideas have been shredded to smithereens because of this de-mutant thing [took out Windshear and Persuasion and a host of others], the Northstar as resurrected zombie-killer thing, the Aurora-as-Weapon X *errorist/Tieri thing, not to mention The Master supposedly being blinded and dead and the whole team getting their clocks cleaned in New Avengers. Change is inevitable, but this is a bit much for me.

Yet, as difficult as it would be to pick up/take off from these weird plot-points, the most damaging thing to happen to AF was Lobdell's treat-them-as-a-joke volume 3. I read that Mark Millar is going to do something with AF stemming from Civil War, and I liked his run on Wolverine, so I'll be interested in what he does.

BTW, I got NA# 17 yesterday and (hold on to your hats) it is pretty good. Wish McNiven had drawn the AF battle last issue, but a much more solid story, altogether. And I want to see how it is resolved.

Am I still pissed that AF got monkey-stomped, though? Yes.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

took out Windshear and Persuasion and a host of others
    Small comfort, but Persuasion is still powered.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I know this is off-topic again, but...

...it's great to know that Persuasion is still powered. I must've been thinking of Murmur.

I got AF# 127 last weekend and #'s 70, 81, 82, 84, and 129, yesterday. Haven't read 84 or 129 yet, but my respect for Alpha Flight is being rekindled by Hudnall and Calimee's storytelling. I'm even beginning to understand why Allan believes that AF continuity can be fixed, since Hudnall and Calimee inherited a totally *ucked-up series and turned it around, positively, by incorporating what had happened during the dark days.

I'm not going to pretend that Calimee's artwork isn't a little awkward and inconsistent (facial-featurewise) at times, but when it comes to telling the story he does so with clean artwork. The combination of words and pictures is just right, enjoyable. Jerry Talaoc's ugly inking overpowered every artist (Bogdonove, Sal Buscema, Ross, Haynes) he inked on AF, with the exception of Mike Mignola, who just did a lousy job of drawing the characters in his three issues.

And I understand Whilce Portico is a big-name star now, but he didn't do Dave Ross or June Bridgman many favors when they were drawing AF.

Looking at it years after the fact, Calimee is better than I first thought.

apologies to Mr. Hudnall (from AF# 82)

"The Cat Elves, Miss? Why would the Cat Elves have your brassiere?"

"My brothair, you bag of grease!"

Aurora, without power and with her split-personality, going wherever she had to to find her brother...that's a hero!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Aha, a fourth Northstar death, in Ultimate X-Men #95, confirmed in this month's Ultimate X-Men #96. Poor guy... Of the four, this one is pretty bad because he was just a kid and it was senseless and drug-related...
    The other 3 were not so bad:
    1) Died a hero (The End)
    2) Resurrected, now a good guy (616)
    3) Bad guy anyway and what's with those tattoos? (AoA)

Can he die a 5th time? I hope not!!!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Hasn't he died a few more times in the 616. I seem to remeber him being killed in the second battle with Deadly Ernest and also while in the Realm of The Beasts. Could be wrong?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

He was dead for a (very) brief moment in AF 24, along with Aurora and Talisman, before Walt's spirit resurrected them.