Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northstar's new look in AoA

Default Northstar's new look in AoA

What is up with the new AoA Northstar look ? It's bad enough he got killed three times in the same month. Bald, tatooed head, grey skin... I think he's going to the same stylist as Wild Child! There's no explanation why AoA Aurora is unchanged or why his eyes switch colors from blue to red at will. I like their new costumes, though. I also notice the smokey flames that trail Northstar's flight in some of the panels. That fire thing could get messy, or be an awesome flaming weapon in battle.

Oh well, we won't have 'ol AoA Jean-BALD Beaubier to knock around anymore anyway.

Love,
    rplass

Northstar with a flaming weapon?

Ummm...
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well, my understanding is that any character that looks vastly altered was experimented on by Sinister, perhaps JP was too. I don't mine the look, I'm a fan of tattoos

Ben

can we have a preview?
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Ask and ye shall recieve: (click the thumnail for a full sized pic)

Ben

He has red eyes...must be a lost summers brother in AoA!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Well, my understanding is that any character that looks vastly altered was experimented on by Sinister, perhaps JP was too. I don't mine the look, I'm a fan of tattoos
    You? A tattoo fan? nahhhhhhhhhhh... =p

JP flaming huh...nope, won't do it...can't....does anyway *falls over laughing*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I thought it was Mr. Sinister at first. As for Wolvie question, I've got the answer in my head so fast, I wonder why Wolvie said it... He should know better than to ask that to JP

What a stupid Question
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Wow I really didn't think about the whole "flaming" thing when I posted that... I assure you it was fully unintentional and was in no way a reference to JP's sexual orientation .

In response to kozzi24, there are some panels where JP's eyes are colored blue. Possibilities are: he can change his eye color at will, it was a coloring error, or his eyes were shown red to express moments of extreme rage .

Love,
    rplass

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    Wow I really didn't think about the whole "flaming" thing when I posted that... I assure you it was fully unintentional and was in no way a reference to JP's sexual orientation .

Love,
    rplass
    I don't think anyone took offense. I have too much of a sense of humor and not enough tact to avoid kicking at that door you left ajar.
    www.kozzi.us

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Looks nothing like him!

Hey, how come all my posts today are about Northstar?

- Le Messor
    "For three lost, damnèd days, our boat of the damned travelled up the river, carrying thirteen souls, all damned. Then we could go no further, for the river was dammed."

You keep posting about him because Northstar is the man!

2005 releases excluding AF Vol. 3

Wolverine 25 26 (Northstar in both)
    Xmen 164 (Northstar)
    Xmen The End Bk1 6 (Northstar)
    Xmen The End Bk2 1 (Northstar)
    Xmen:AoA 2 (Northstar, Aurora)
    Xmen AoA os (Wild Child)
    New Mutants:X 10 (Northstar)
    OHOTMU: AoA (Wild Child)
    Sabretooth 4 (Sasquatch)

So Northstar is winning with 7 appearances through April 2005.
    That's why you are posting about him. He's the man!

Love,
    rplass

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Could someone tell me how Northstar could die multiple times in one month. (Man! Maybe the Alpha characters are cursed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    I've been out of the loop for awhile. Could someone tell me how Northstar could die multiple times in one month. (Man! Maybe the Alpha characters are cursed!)
    No, just horribly immortal.

One death (Wolverine vol.2 #25) was in the 616 continuity, the regular Marvel world. Another death was in the Age of Apocalypse (X-Men: Age of Apocalypse #2) continuity, and the third was in X-Men The End: Book 2 #2, which is in an alternate future continuity.

So he didn't actually die, get resurrected, die, get resurrected, die. Although give Marvel a chance...

For details on some of what's going on in 2005, go to this page on my new website:
    http://www.geocities.com/rplass/afcollector/alpha.htm and use the "Find" function on your browser for "2005" and these issues ought to pop up.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com