Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If House of M is to effect Alpha Flight

Puck no longer needs the retcon after Nicienza's run. His natural state is now short, sans demon, and in addition to his agility and "peak" human abilities, he is superstrong, around Spider-Man levels. It's been fixed and maybe improved a little, so Mantlo's BD is best just forgotten.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Default Re: Memory ain't what it used to be...but Courtney functione

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    As I see it...Delphine panicked and Flashback was the closest thing she could use as a shield. Dana

We are talking about a robot not an android (a distinction that Byrne himself felt important enough to make), aren't we?
    She could still have emotions and not be an android...ala R2-D2 and C-3PO...not androids..."droids"...closer to robots than androids, but they had feelings....as did the Robinson's robot in Lost in Space and the Giant Robot in the first episode of the Tom Baker's first season as the Doctor in Doctor Who...All of whom were capable of panicking....right?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Don't think it's gonna be an issue...

Androids ARE robots, guys.
    C-3PO is an android...he is modeled after (roughly) a human/sentient.
    R2-D2 is not an android, but is a functional tool.
    The term robot came from a Czech play by Capek: RUR: Rossum's Universal Robots. Robot means "worker" in Czeck.

And on topic, I don't think much of Alpha is likely to be seen in House of M, unfortunately.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I was only thinking the other day how Alpha Flight might have been involved in House of M if they were still around, I kinda concluded that the last incarnation would most probably NOT have been. There's probably not much room for comedy in this "reality spanning series", not sure if that's good or not.

If they are going to blame Wanda Maximoff for every strange inconsistency which has ever occured in the Marvel Universe then maybe they could use her to explain away the very confusing final issue of v3 with all the duplicate Alphans?

Default Re: Memory ain't what it used to be...but Courtney functione

Mantlo's Puck always whined about not having any super-powers, but anybody who can keep a malignant demon inside of him for decades (a retcon MANTLO himself introduced) and still be an effective government agent, bouncer, Alpha Flighter must have some sorta special quality about him. I don't think most people would've been able to do it.
    I always felt that Puck's hyperagility was a power directly related to his holding the Demon Razer in check.

puff

House of M may or not have Alpha, but I'm pretty psyched to learn Cloak & Dagger will be playing a part!
    www.kozzi.us

he was some big time cat burgular assasin type when he was 6'6'' before he became the Puck we all know and love

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Re: Original Omega Flight could use a little respect, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Diamond Lil supposedly has super-hard skin, but gets poked and prodded with ease.
    Unable to be injured or have her skin penetrated IS different from not being able to feel pain.
    According to the Seagle story-arc, Diamond Lil has been injected with "Thetagen" or something.

I'm not going to nit-pick about the Courtney-Flashback-Diamond Lil scene anymore because I considered AFV1# 28 one of the best Alpha Flight stories ever published and still do.

Since I don't see a single Alphan in this picture, I doubt that any Alpha Flight member will be involved, unless it's quite a minor cameo.

This may be a good thing, but who knows? Yes, it's all hype and mysterious. It reminds me so much of the 2002 Superbowl with all those "m-life" commercials that nobody knew what they were. Is "m-life" even like, uh, still, uh, alive? Blech, I'm not falling for another "m"-mystery again. Just hurry it on up and give me my Alpha Flight fix, please.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com