Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
Quote Originally Posted by Loki
Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
"Well, I suppose you could make leather out of their skins and use the blood for ink, but it's a pretty gross and cruel thing to do"
Hey, if you're going to quote me, then it wouldn't hurt to quote the actual question I was replying to, so you can see my reply in context. What you said exactly was
Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
I would like to see ALPHA FLIGHT be made into a handbook!
Plus you missed out the emoticon in my reply. It was a joke.
Don't worry, I took it as a joke. What else can you expect from the Trickster?
I'm sure -most- of us got that you were joking. I've just decided I can speak for most of us.
(But seeing the actual question helps.)
I have to apologise to maniac mike though. I knew what he actually meant, but at the time tiredness meant that sarky bit of me kicked in which answers questions like "Do you have the time?" by glancing at my watch and replying "Yes, I do, thanks for checking."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
Oh, and the promotion thing? A lot of people on this list have been lamenting the lack of publicity for the last series of AF. Some say it's the lack of promotion that killed the latest Alpha Flight series. (Me, I'm in the 'it was the lack of -Alpha Flight- that killed the last two Alpha Flight series' camp.)
Long time readers should recognise that immediately, but I imagine you're a little... lost about it. As long as you're not lost on an island with a giant monster trying to eat you...
I'd have to agree that the lack of the recognisable Alpha Flight didn't help. If I were trying to relaunch a team series (any team series), I think I'd start with whatever membership had been the most popular (and thus hopefully the best selling), and once the title had established itself, then think about introducing all new members. Otherwise you lose the value of having an existing fan base, and you might as well be doing a brand new series with a brand new name. But what do I know?

And, though he is overexposed these days, if sales needed boosting, Alpha Flight is the one title where you can legitimately bring in Wolverine as a guest star without it feeling like you are just shoe-horning him in.