Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second Flight????

My wife certainly doesn't understand my fascination with comics, but now that I've polluted the minds of my three children with them she's lost the battle. In fact she almost supports my bad habit by giving me gift certificates to the comic shop for Father's Day.

An for the record, I authored the Province solo as well as the Tilting the Scales story.

Bump!!!

Ben, if you find the time, I'd still love to see this stuff back in ciruclation. I might even be able to dust off the old keyboard (and brain) and plunk out another chapter. I loved the round robin format. You got a lot of different points of view and some pretty exciting storytelling. I think folks would enjoy these stories. I'd like it linked here somehow. I wouldn't mind if it were jammed into the fanfic section here, or a minisite. I wouldn't make a very good mod, so I won't even pretend to take that on.

Anyway, I have bumped this topic back into circulation! That's a start!

Some day, I swear! Lately I've not been spending much time at home, so haven't been able to do much of anything. It's also about having the energy to do web stuff. I'll be in the mood for weeks strait sometimes, and other times just not feel like it.

Ben

No pressure. I was bumping more than anything, so it doesn't leave the radar! I understand fully the pressures of life and finding your motivation to work on something. For me it's been honey-dos. For awhile I'll knock them out left and right and then for awhile I let the list expand. Just keep it on the radar.

Just had a little down time at work so re-read through some of the second flight stuff. Good memories and some interesing conflabs if memory serves. If 2nd Flight ever got up and running again, I'd happily help to fill in gaps where required and take it forward to a new start off point.

Oh and 'Second Flight : Coming Of Age ' the Wildheart origin was me giving it my all At some point I prolly argued with Alan about it , but there ya go.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs

Oh and 'Second Flight : Coming Of Age ' the Wildheart origin was me giving it my all At some point I prolly argued with Alan about it , but there ya go.
    Arguing with Allan? it's Impossible!!! I never do that when I work with him on a 2nd Flight story!
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Ahhh, I missed the abuse! :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

If this takes off again, you just know it's gonna happen. Deep down I think you appreciate it
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm game for a story or two! I've been wanting to finally get the Bellfrey and Barnacle special attack into a story! The Barnacle Bomb will be devastating, especially if Bellfrey builds up enough speed! I've been kicking around a couple ideas in the old noggin. Haven't put anything to paper yet. I'nm sure my writing is extremely rusty, since my last story was one of the Second Flighters! But I'm game if others are.

Tom