Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Flight????

Default Second Flight????

Ben,
    Any chance of getting around to adding the Second Flight stories I sent you to the Fanfic section. I know you've been busy with house building and it looks like now a major overhaul of the site, but I'd still like to see those stories back out there. If you need me to resend, let me know.

Tom

I second a vote for seeing Second Flight again. I miss the old stories; (whatever became of them)? I may have the printout I made of "Second Birth, Second Flight" around somewhere, and may even be able to resend it to you. I hate to think of the Second Flight stories being lost forever -- they were all great!

I'll tell you what, the first thing I do once everything is all back up and running 100% will be 2nd Flight. Still won't be right away, but soon enough

Ben

as in, a site dedicated to the old Second Flight series on your whatchamacallit? (I've been awake since a quarter past creation, forgive me if I make so sence). Would be cool to have the old series back up. I believe Seng has a few rogue chapters still lounging around. Who know, maybe when they are up again for the first time this millennium, those of us from the old days - and anyone new who cares to add their dime - could get 2F back on track...

Yes, I'm kinda sentimental to the old 2F site: it is, after all, how I got intro'd to Alpha Waves six years ago, and how I became such a devout (sp - as I said, I've been up forever) Al-Fan.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I have many of the stories. I can resend them to Ben if needed, I know there are some gaps. I also have some art. Not sure who's it is. Let me know if you need it, Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I have many of the stories. I can resend them to Ben if needed, I know there are some gaps. I also have some art. Not sure who's it is. Let me know if you need it, Ben.
    Not really sure, I've got the stuff you sent me stashed somewhere. When the time comes I'll sort through it and see what all I have

Ben

ok, so when I get to this (soon hopefully) what would you 2nd flighters like to see? Do you just want the stuff put up in the AF.net fanfic section, or would you like to see a special 2nd flight mini-site? I can easily do a sub-domain of http://2ndflight.alphaflight.net or some such thing. Now, if I got this going, would there be people interested in writing a 2nd Flight Volume 2? It could be written forum based if you want, I can make a separate section here and appoint a moderator to handle it (if somone steps up). Or you can all just do it how you did before...or not at all for that matter Anyway, just bouncin' ideas so I can figure out just what's gonna be done.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    ok, so when I get to this (soon hopefully) what would you 2nd flighters like to see? Do you just want the stuff put up in the AF.net fanfic section, or would you like to see a special 2nd flight mini-site? I can easily do a sub-domain of http://2ndflight.alphaflight.net or some such thing. Now, if I got this going, would there be people interested in writing a 2nd Flight Volume 2? It could be written forum based if you want, I can make a separate section here and appoint a moderator to handle it (if somone steps up). Or you can all just do it how you did before...or not at all for that matter Anyway, just bouncin' ideas so I can figure out just what's gonna be done.

Ben

Well, and this is just me talking here, I'd like to see Second Flight given it's own domain, since it's not really 'fanfic' in the strictest sence. As for 2Fv.2, I can't make any distinct promises (since I'm out of practice, what with it being nearly eight years since the last time I even thought of the old 2F crowd), but I think I'd like a stab at it sometime. Also - again, just my preferance - the old round robin worked very well in my eyes, but a 2F forum index - to replace the old mailing list - would be very useful to allow us to keep in contact before anything becomes finalised.

Ok, so thanks to Barnacle13 I have the following stuff:

Chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 12

Solo Stories:
    A Rough Road Ahead (Bellfrey) - By Greg Kellogg
    Solstice - By Munson Nakadomari
    Province - Author Unknown
    'Playing Hero' (GV2) - by Seng Mah
    GV2 pt.2 - Author Unknown
    Passing Time - The Origin of Flex - By Steven Lewis
    Coming Of Age (Wildheart) - Author Unknown

Betrayal - Allan Crocker
    Tilting The Scales - Allan Crocker
    Brothers In Arms - Allan Crocker

So I knw I'm missing lots of art, and a number of chapters. Not sure what all else is out there. Gonna ask Seng what he has next time I see him online, in theory he should still have everything. But if anyone has anything else for me, send it over to ben@alphaflight.net

Ben

I still have waht I done for 2nd Flight. A solo story in french, I should still have it in english and 2 drawings made for Allan Story which I tried to help a little.
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I still have waht I done for 2nd Flight. A solo story in french, I should still have it in english and 2 drawings made for Allan Story which I tried to help a little.
    'Help a little' she says. If it wasn't for Sylvie's imput, I'd never have gotten it done!

second flight must be some story arc if everyone wants to read it again

Well, remember when marvel did MC2? that was just when AF was first axed, so fans united to do an AF MC2, which was 2nd Flight. Had quite a popular following at the time, and some great stories and art. Should be alive again before long if I can get some more material together. This all happened around the time when I first moved away from home, and didn't have internet for a while....just had a crazy girlfriend instead, so I missed the boat on it....but I'm gonna make sure it lives again

Ben

Default Crazy significant others and their impact on your collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    This all happened around the time when I first moved away from home, and didn't have internet for a while....just had a crazy girlfriend instead

Ben
    Jeeez, I wish I didn't understand what you were talking about there.

In response to one of my ex-wife's rants one time, I ended up doing a mega-cull on my comic collection. True most of the stuff that I got rid of was crap or drek, but I miss having those extra boxes.

I carry a lot of regret because of that. At least I bowed up when she tried to make me get rid of my dog.

Sigh...Did I mention that she is an ex-wife.

puff

Default Re: Crazy significant others and their impact on your collec

Jeeez, I wish I didn't understand what you were talking about there.

In response to one of my ex-wife's rants one time, I ended up doing a mega-cull on my comic collection. True most of the stuff that I got rid of was crap or drek, but I miss having those extra boxes.

I carry a lot of regret because of that. At least I bowed up when she tried to make me get rid of my dog.

Sigh...Did I mention that she is an ex-wife.

puff
    Although I can't speak for you guys, but NO ONE comes between me and my comics. Prerequisite #1, first and formost: you have to either enjoy or at least tolerate comics, and be willing to accomodate a LOT of paper on the shelves. If they can't live with that, then bye-bye, there's the door, hasta lueno....