Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see on the forum?

Default What do you want to see on the forum?

Ok, so now as I'm getting things back in order for the forum, it's time to tell me what you did, and did not like about the way it was, v.s. how it is now. Did you like the previews at the top of the page? Or did you find it just took up too much space? Do you like the large banner with buttons incorperated in, or should I rejig it somehow? Have you seen things on other forums you think should be added here? Speak now or for ever hold your piece, as I'm not gotta go hacking the code apart every day

Ben

you can now select your country flag in your profile shows up under yer avatar on each post, see my pretty flag?

NEXT!

Ben

the image alignment script is back on, but I installed a better version of it, now you have img right and img left buppons to quickly align images in your posts, however any old posts with aligned imges will have the out of date code, so will have to be fixed on each post that used it. I think I"m the only one who really used it anyway

Ben

[mod:58e212e152]ben rules[/mod:58e212e152]

The every so popular Birthday hack is now up. I have had a few requests to set this up in the past, but didn't have the patience to get into it 'till now. In you profile you can now select you birthday. This will then display who's birthday is commin up at the bottom of the main page (I may move it later). It will also say your age on the left of your posts. Setting this up in your profile is optional, you do not have to make this information public if yer shy

Ben

Oh, I figure I'd like a bigger character database, being a character guy. Thanks for asking.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Oh, I figure I'd like a bigger character database, being a character guy. Thanks for asking.
    well, at the moment, I'm talking more the forum than the main AF.net website since I'm doing upgrades to the forum at this time anyway, I figure it's as good a time as any to add features

As for the Alphenex entries, fear not, they are high priority, but that all comes with time, of which I don't have a great deal of these days.

Ben

Just seen that you're canadian flag is down. I know burN would like to see a Quebec flag, but I guess it's not an option :P

Another thing, I,m not sure if it's possible, if we could have some audio, sometimes it could be interesting, i don't know

I liked the big header with the buttons incorporated in it. The previews isn't neceesary unless we have a bunch of people coming straight to the forums bypassing the main page.

Like me?

But I don't need the previews up on the header, after all people always post what they can in the forums.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Yes, flags are temporarily broken, along with much else due to server problems, I'll fix them when the site gets moved to a new web server. A Quebec flag isn't in the picture just now, it is meant to display your country, not your province

Ben

Heh, remember mate, many Quebecers don't see themselves as Canadians...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'd like to see more of my art. Yes that sounds good.

Ok ok ....

Hey I'm happy the forums back. How much longer for the art gallery.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    I'd like to see more of my art. Yes that sounds good.

Ok ok ....

Hey I'm happy the forums back. How much longer for the art gallery.

JC

It's actually fixed, I just don't have it officially up, because any images uploaded between now and when my account is migrated to the new web-server could be lost. Text like this is stored in the database, on a separate server, so it's save, but images are stored on the web server. Within 24 hours that migration should be complete (hopefully much sooner than that) and then I'll have the album back up, along with the proper layout, and a few other things fixed up.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    you can now select your country flag in your profile shows up under yer avatar on each post, see my pretty flag?

NEXT!

Ben
    Obviously I can't select my countries flag cos they ain't no flag of St George anywhere on the horizon I consider myself English first, British at a push and European through an accident of geography. That said I shall use the Union Jack for the time being, but if the occassion arises will change it in a hurry. Still nicely done Ben
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Just seen that you're canadian flag is down. I know burN would like to see a Quebec flag, but I guess it's not an option :P
    Cool, i approve it !!!

And it will be cool if we could put some flash stuff

http://www3.sympatico.ca/burnparadise/mohaa_exemple/
    I'm a Quebecois, not a french Canadian,...please don't forget it. lol

HaKuNa-MaTaTa !!!