Thread: Rereading Volume 1

Default Rereading Volume 1

Thanks to a recent ebay win I now have a complete set of volume 1. Flipping through the old books last night brought back all the great memories I had as a kid. Maybe it was the smell of the ink. Maybe the Frogger and old school Mile High Comics ads but whatever it was I burned through issues 1-5 in an hour. Now that I have the entire set I've decided to read the entire run from #1-#130 and was wondering if anyone would like to join me. We could read 5-10 issues a week and discuss what we thought of them now. We can compare what we think of the stories now compared to what we thought when we first read them years ago.

If your interested in joining the "Book Club" reply here. I'd really like to hear other peoples thoughts on the issues as I go through them all again.

Should you feel like reviewing any issues as you read 'em, would love to add more V.1 reviews.

Ben

This sounds strikingly familiar to the old 'Swift Thoughts' thread we had on the old Yahoo eGroup about six years ago, where we'd start with vol.1 #1 and read through chronologically, pretending it was a new release - and trying not to 'see the future' and 'ruin' the plot was always fun :P
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Should you feel like reviewing any issues as you read 'em, would love to add more V.1 reviews.

Ben
    Damn That was what I was going to say.

Actually I wasn't exactly looking for reviews as I was opinions as I am intending to start rereading and writing for Net Alpha. (Remember that anyone?)
    Anyway I'll keep you all posted.

So yeah I'd be interested in this Book Club. 'course I'll have to FIND all my Alphas over issue thirty...

Johnny C.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Actually I wasn't exactly looking for reviews as I was opinions as I am intending to start rereading and writing for Net Alpha. (Remember that anyone?)
    Wow this is officially the nostalgia thread for me... the mailing list.... Seng & Net Alpha... wow. Memories of my inbox flooded with AlphaWaves emails come flooding back.

So I take it I'll have some others joining me in this? I think it'll be interesting to reread the entire first run again and see what we think now.

Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    So I take it I'll have some others joining me in this? I think it'll be interesting to reread the entire first run again and see what we think now.
    I'll probably pitch in, for what it's worth. I'm still filling holes in my collection, but I have some early 30's stuff coming in soon. I've started reading the series again, but chronogically (so I'm including pre-V1 appearances and guest-appearances along the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by PWalk
    I'll probably pitch in, for what it's worth. I'm still filling holes in my collection, but I have some early 30's stuff coming in soon. I've started reading the series again, but chronogically (so I'm including pre-V1 appearances and guest-appearances along the way).
    I just picked up 20 issues of vol.1. I posted them earlier in a different thread (don't ask me which one off the top of my head - not awake). if you need any of them, let me know
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine