Thread: Wolverine #26 Spoilers

Default Wolverine #26 Spoilers

Spoiler Alert!

I just finished Wolverine #26 and guess who's back? Yup, Northstar leading an army of ressurected super folks hellbent on destroying SHIELD.

How did the Hand get their grubby mitts on him? Well, he almost had his head sawed off by a doctor (to prevent him from being brought back) only to be 'saved' by Iceman, Polaris and Dani Moonstar who wished to say their last goodbyes. They do talk about trying to contact JP's family but give no mention of Aurora or AF. It's then that Elektra and some ninjas teleport in, grab his body and take off before the aforementioned X-men can lift a finger to stop them.
    The next we see him, Northstar is flying towards a SHIELD helicarrier along side Elektra and closely followed by roughly four dozen super powered people each carrying various bits of equipment. Whether these are weapons or are tech meant for some other purpose isn't revealed.

Yup, saw the advanced issue last week. Didn't buy my coppy yet, but not a huge shock that Millar was planning something from a rathar anti-clamactic death.

Ben

Well then this changes everything. Now he's a super fast ninja wannabe controlled by the Hand right?

Pretty much. Still, this means there's a chance to save him.

Wait a minute....they were going to saw his head off(WHAT????) to prevent him from coming back????? He's not a vampire now...is he? What is going on?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Wait a minute....they were going to saw his head off(WHAT????) to prevent him from coming back????? He's not a vampire now...is he? What is going on?
    Well, they were going to do it so the Hand wouldn't be able to resurrect him. In an earlier issue, Elektra decapitated Hornet's dead body so the Hand wouldn't be able to resurrect him. Poor Hornet

It's part of a plot I had no interest in whatsoever until Northstar got killed.

Undead zombie ninjas! Whooo! High art!

Seriously, at least there is something happening to Limbo boy Northstar.

This is the first I have ever read of Millar's work, and I must admit I am kind of underwhelmed. This is like the sort of stuff I made up when I was bored in Calc. Or is that just me?

John Romita's art work on this series is pretty smoking though.

Here's the cover from Wolverine #28 shown at Wizard World L.A.

http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/0...olverine28.htm

MM

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Here's the cover from Wolverine #28 shown at Wizard World L.A.

http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/0...olverine28.htm

MM
    Nice, thanks Mike.

Ben

I wish they would settle on one hair colour for him though. Silver, white, black and now brown.

good point for the hair. Well, it's easy black with white shadow.

Plus, I don't like that cover. don't really know why. I guess, it got to do with everyone looking so static, looks more like a patchwork. And Northstar is difformed, look at the right side, is torso is very strange. Never seen anyone built like that. Plus the Brown hair of course...

I think I'm in my SPM or PMS choose which one is in english!

wasn't it blonde on the machine man cover from way back when?

YES! It was blonde. That's always really been stuck in my craw! Also, on the cover of Marvel Two-In-One #84 (Feb 1982), both Northstar and Aurora are shown with silver/white hair.

Love,
    rplass