Thread: The Original Doom Patrol is back !

Default The Original Doom Patrol is back !

In issue #13, to be inked by the legendary Terry Austin:

For the complete pencils to every issue of Doom Patrol:

http://jbgallery.ourbunch.net/pencilscans.html

I'm afraid that Doom Patrol is virtually unreadable, as much as I want to love it (because I remember the greatness that it once was) I just have the urge to burn my copies after I read them as in the wrong hands they have the potential to alter the very fabric of our reality with their utter direness.

I was perfectly willing to accept a re-boot but as the re-booted product is so bad I think it's time for the Doom(ed) Patrol to get blown into oblivion once more!

I was fine with a reboot, as well.....however, it's more of a complete rewrite of who they are. I'm still buying it and it seems to gradually be getting better, but this series really started out too slowly and with very little to make it stand out.

John Byrne can and has done much better than this(his "Blood of the Demon" series is apparently quite good, from what I've heard)...I've been disappointed in this series, so far.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

....And it's been cancelled at issue 18. Just goes to show, that if you don't give the people what they want, your audience will walk out before the show is finished.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    ....And it's been cancelled at issue 18. Just goes to show, that if you don't give the people what they want, your audience will walk out before the show is finished.
    'Doom Patrol' or 'Blood of the Demon'? I've heard 'Blood' was due for the axe too.

Suzene

Oui. It may be cancelled too, but DP is ending at 18.

Dana