How much is MARVEL willing to spend to publish the killing of the old ALPHA FLIGHT? What will the print-run be? How many books does MARVEL expect will be bought? Will fans buy multiple copies? How valuable will they be in ten, fifteen, twenty years?

I would ask why so many seem to dislike Scott Lobdell's ANADAF so much, but I don't think I'd really like the answer. GRJ

I've never thought of ALPHA FLIGHT as third-rate Avengers, especially since James had enough courage to go after Wolverine by himself, and the neophyte Alpha Flight fought well against The Uncanny X-Men. I thought Alpha Flight was a good group in its on right, and it was presented that way. Maybe someone will remember the special qualities that first attracted Alpha's following, and appreciate them: Tom DeFalco's MARVEL-TWO-IN-ONE and MACHINE MAN stories; the Roger Stern/John Byrne/Sal Buscema/Alfredo Alcala HULK Annual# 8; the goofy but characterizationally dead-on Louise Simonson MARVEL TEAM-UP Annual; and yes; "THE GIFT."