Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: frank tieri talks alpha

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Maybe Frank has a story line about the Gods of the North and the Great Beasts that will eventually spill out into Canada and the rest of the world.
    That's really the type of storyline I'd like to see. I always enjoyed the Great Beast storylines and such a massive and powerful conflict centred in Canada really gave the team a sense of purpose (more so than fighting wax museum dummies at least).

Personally, I always thought Alpha was an interesting team because it was this mix of technology (Mac, Heather, Box) and magic (Snowbird, Shaman) with some interesting mixes of the two (like how Sasquatch's origin went from a Hulk rip into the Tanaraq story). So I'd love to see someone return to that style of storytelling.

(and thus I return from a long lapse into lurkingness)

Adam...we'd love for you to stay and continue to talk about AF with us, if you so wish...no need to to only lurk.

You've made some great points about AF (magic and technology and the mixing of the two)...I'd like to see a return to those types of stories too...it Made AF vol. 1 very unique among Marvel's other comics...and it certainly kept things interesting.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I think that's why Teri captured it so well, he got that combo right. This is also one reason I think AF eventually lost many readers. Though I quite liked Furman's run, his stories were either strictly magical, or not at all, he didn't combine the elements. He did handle the magic side much better than some of the previous writers however.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Adam...we'd love for you to stay and continue to talk about AF with us, if you so wish...no need to to only lurk.
    Oh I never really left, but thanks for the kind words.

...and Ben I agree that's what Tieri did really well. There's this mythology of gods that was established very early on in Vol 1 but it was never really explored as well as it could have been.

[quote="Adam"]
    ...and Ben I agree that's what Tieri did really well. There's this mythology of gods that was established very early on in Vol 1 but it was never really explored as well as it could have been.
    Thats an understatement. The mythology angle was built up so well and then ignored while writers tried to make the team more mainstream.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Is bumping ALPHA FLIGHT off the only thing left to do?

Quote Originally Posted by seroquel
    do they really have to kill characters we haven't effectively seen for 10 years? but by all means write a quality story for them and hurt them all you want.
    No volume 4. No originals reestablishing themselves as the premiere guardians of Canada, just plot-bait. No creative way to boost interest and readership. Let's hope that bumping them off isn't the only thing left to do.

Matt Brady over at Newsarama has an interview with Frank Tieri about the Weapon X : Days Of Future Now limited-series with some interior artwork.

Here's the link...

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=35632

MM

Well in the interior art, we can clearly see a generously bosomed Aurora and a great rendition of the new Nosferatu/Wild Child. I'll definitely be picking up this series just for the generous bosoms. Whoo hoo! I just hope she doesn't get the living crap beat out of her again... and again... This will be the 1st Aurora appearance in continuity since the Jun 2004 publication of issue #22 of the previous series and the 1st Wild Child appearance since the Aug 2004 publication of issue #25.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I just want to know why she's back with the Director. The last I saw she dumped him (literally) along with Madison, who by the way is missing from the scene. (Anyone else worried?)

There's something really off about two of those scenes....

Mesmero was sent to the Neverland Deathcamp(I doubt he'd work with the man that sent him there...Malcolm Colcord/the Director), Sabretooth quit and escaped(not to mention, he'd probably gut the Director, if he had the chance), Aurora wouldn't be likely to hang out with the big D again and she certainly wouldn't be caught anywhere near Sabretooth after what he did to her. Deadpool doesn't care much for the Director either....Like I said...something is off here.

The second panel: The remaining members(Agent Zero,Sauron, Wild Child, Chamber and Agent what's-his-face...LOL...I'm drawing a blank on his name at the moment), when the Director(and Jeffries) was ousted. This pic seems fine.

Third panel: I also doubt Fantomex would ally himself with Sublime...another weird and off image.

Dana

There's something really off about two of those scenes....

Mesmero was sent to the Neverland Deathcamp(I doubt he'd work with the man that sent him there...Malcolm Colcord/the Director), Sabretooth quit and escaped(not to mention, he'd probably gut the Director, if he had the chance), Aurora wouldn't be likely to hang out with the big D again and she certainly wouldn't be caught anywhere near Sabretooth after what he did to her. Deadpool doesn't care much for the Director either....Like I said...something is off here.

The second panel: The remaining members(Agent Zero,Sauron, Wild Child, Chamber and Agent what's-his-face...LOL...I'm drawing a blank on his name at the moment), when the Director(and Jeffries) was ousted. This pic seems fine.

Third panel: I also doubt Fantomex would ally himself with Sublime...another weird and off image.

Dana
    Well, the whole mini seems to be cast in the future, so who knows what water has passed under what bridges since we last saw the characters. The words will help fill in the blanks, and give us reason to complain, or reason to applaud

Ben

I thought the mini takes place only a year into the future?

Dana

Nope, it starts a year into the future but soon fast-forwards 10 years, possibly 10 years an issue.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Can anyone ask him if he's really going to try and write Alpha Flight? I really have no need to register there, I've got to keep my e-mail as spam free as I can.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

It's already been asked...he said he might be interested in a mini...I think that was about it. He does seem to love the original team(and would very possibly use them)...so you probably wouldn't like it, Mokole.

Dana