Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: frank tieri talks alpha

Default frank tieri talks alpha

ft has moved his home from x-fan to a site called paperfilms and i have been trying to keep up with the weapon x mini because frank is one of the rare writers that keeps his fans informed through his boards.

anyways a thread came up about what frank should do next . so what do you think i said?

QUOTE(varo @ Feb 7 2005, 02:56 PM)
    alpha flight.
    you know how to write these characters and after the way they were handled in this last series somone must redeem them.

Another Alpha Flight. What to know the best part? I actually do have a story in mind-- one which would involve seeds I planted in Wolverine when I had them appear

Chew on that a bit, Alphafiles

and then someone else said af also and here was his response:

That is the BEST idea that i have heard in a long time!!! The Alphans need a proper re-introduction and FT, you are the man that can do it!!! How about one final Hooray for the Canadian super-heroes, give them a grand story and kill a handful of them off at the end, something GRAND!!! p.s. i am Canadian!!!

Barnsey

Another Alpha Flight

And trust me, pal, what I have in mind would be GRAND with a capital G

btw the link to those forums: http://www.paperfilms.invisionzone.c...ex.php?act=idx

btw if anyone is familiar w/ af's appearance in wolverine when frank was writing them maybe they can shed some light.

woops. should have posted this one. kinda of important:

Another set of votes for Wolverine, Agent Zero (Maverick) and Alpha Flight. And you hit the nail right on the head why Alpha isn't a possibility right now, Whiskeyclone-- too soon. Although, I will say this, Alpha fans will want to check out Weapon X: Days of Future NOW as we will see a few of the old gang along for the ride

Somebody also posted that he should give AF a last hurrah and kill a bunch of them off...I had to respond to that.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

hmmm, good news there possibly! Gonna move this thread to Alpha News

Ben

And you all thought I was nuts in suggesting a massacre upon relaunch.

tsk tsk

Great minds think alike.

Well, hope springs eternal. Maybe FT will go for it, hmmm?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

do they really have to kill characters we haven't effectively seen for 10 years? but by all means write a quality story for them and hurt them all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    btw if anyone is familiar w/ af's appearance in wolverine when frank was writing them maybe they can shed some light.

?

?
    I'll have to sift through my wolvie appearances to see which FT wrote, dunno off hand. If somone knows before I get a chance to do so, feel free to pipe up

Ben

What is it that needs light shed upon? How he handled them?

What I can tell you from memory...It was the original AF together(sans Northstar)teaming up with Wolverine(of course..it being his book and all).

The issues featured the Wendigo and Snowbird's family, the gods of the north(who the villain of the piece, Jean Pierre Mauvais...was an old enemy of). Tieri also attempted to put a fix on why Snowbird was resurrected...the gods of the north make mention that she would not be back among the living, if they had not wished it so...or if they didn't orchestrate it...or something to that effect.

Overall...I thought he did a great job with them.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    What is it that needs light shed upon? How he handled them?

What I can tell you from memory...It was the original AF together(sans Northstar)teaming up with Wolverine(of course..it being his book and all).

The issues featured the Wendigo and Snowbird's family, the gods of the north(who the villain of the piece, Jean Pierre Mauvais...was an old enemy of). Tieri also attempted to put a fix on why Snowbird was resurrected...the gods of the north make mention that she would not be back among the living, if they had not wished it so...or if they didn't orchestrate it...or something to that effect.

Overall...I thought he did a great job with them.

Dana
    ahhh, yes, the Mauvais storyline...I really enjoyed that! Great art too. That would be a super combo to see head an AF mini fixing things up after the ending of v.3

Ben

not sure a mini could fix version 3.

maybe a maxi.

Maybe Frank has a story line about the Gods of the North and the Great Beasts that will eventually spill out into Canada and the rest of the world.

MM

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike
    Maybe Frank has a story line about the Gods of the North and the Great Beasts that will eventually spill out into Canada and the rest of the world.

MM
    I can see Tundra now in Central Park wrecking havoc to the Big Apple.