Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your preferred Sasquatch artist?

I'd have to say my favorite penciler for Sasquatch is Ethan Van Sciver from Wolverine (2nd ser.) # 179. When I look at that, it appears to be an "improved" version of Byrne's Sasquatch. He draws him with the same general dimensions, but well, a little more seriously than Byrne. Here is a picture of it: http://www.alphaflight.net/character..._gallery23.jpg

I have to say Byrne's version is my favorite...followed closely by Lee's.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

CLAYTON HENRY!

I always thought Sasq looked like a goof before (despite the awesome character), so I never really got that attatched to him. In one frame, Clayton Henry made him my favorite Alphan.

Even though I liked Brodericks work, I have to go with the majority and say his Sas was bad (to my eyes). I had no probs with Claytons Sas, but after Byrne it has to be Lee for me. Although I did like the depiction of Sas on the covers on the recent Sabretooth covers.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass
    I'd have to say my favorite penciler for Sasquatch is Ethan Van Sciver from Wolverine (2nd ser.) # 179.
    I agree. That version seemed to put an aggresive spin on the Byrne design that I thought really turned out well.

I'm glad mvranas saved me the trouble of looking for my Deadpool #1. Ed McGuinness' is the only version I have liked better than Byrnes. The cover alone gets him my vote.

I also loved June Brigman's Sasquatch in the ressurection issue, though her other AF guest issues were sub-par.

Madison

Byrne's my favorite, natcherly. I also liked Chris Bachalo's version in Generation X and McFarlane's version in Spider-Man. Oh, and Clayton Henry's is a thing of beauty. And the covers on the Sabretooth mini. Dang, there's been a lot of nice ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael May
    McFarlane's version in Spider-Man.
    Say what? Someone enlighten me here. McFarlane drew a panel featuring AF? I wanna see it.

I'm sorry I don't have a scan of the page, but it was in issue 12 when Spidey and Wolverine are hunting the Wendigo. There's a panel in which 'Squatch and Puck are reading in the paper about what's going on and discuss getting involved, but ultimately decide against it.

Close! that's not a panel, that's the cover.... and Puck and Sas ain't in it...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Close! that's not a panel, that's the cover.... and Puck and Sas ain't in it...
    Yeah. That's why I said "I'm sorry I don't have a scan of the page." But I figured this was better than nothing if someone wanted to hunt down the issue.

oops, my bad. misread what you said (gotta stop surfing when I'm half in the bag)

I like this Mignola version:

Did Bill Sienkiewicz, ever do an image of our furry friend?

- pjc[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by patrick_j_clarke
    I like this Mignola version.
    Dang. I thought you were going to post that cool pin-up Mignola did in one of the Marvel Swimsuit Specials with Sasquatch, Beast and Logan hanging out in the jungle. That's when I first realized that It Wasn't His Fault.

I really need to get a scanner.

you mean this one?