Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your preferred Sasquatch artist?

Default Your preferred Sasquatch artist?

No other Alphan has been drawn in so many a way like Sasquatch has. Through the years we've had some great sketches of him and some that made us cry from the horror.

What artist's rendition of our favorite Great Beast did you like the most?

I really was in awe the first time I saw Byrne's Sassy. Issue #1 with him swinging through the trees made me an instant fan of the character. Then the look of him ripping into Tundra cinched it for me. Byrne's Sassy had that gigantic upper body which sat atop to enourmous furry orange tree trunk legs.

Definately Clayton. He actually shows that Sas has a neck without making him look like a rabid Ewok. Although Scott Clark's rendition of SasII was quite aesthetic (even tho some questions were never answered - like what happened to the poor Epsilon who had to put the dreads in his fur, or get him into the spandex :P)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Not easy, but Henry was good and consistent, and Sasquatch always looked good, not silly or like wall. Clayton Henry.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Clayton Henry's Sasquatch rocks.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Putting Byrne asside, as he designed the character, and you would assume this is the "pure" Sasquatch look, I'll say Clayton, with Lee on his heals.

Ben

i'd really hate to be negative here, but the worse sasquatch i ever saw was duncan's.

blech!

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    i'd really hate to be negative here, but the worse sasquatch i ever saw was duncan's.

blech!
    Duncan's Sasquatch fit his style quite well, and I enjoyed his style. I'd take his over Calimee's any day!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Duncan's Sasquatch fit his style quite well, and I enjoyed his style. I'd take his over Calimee's any day!

Ben
    Calimee's version annoyed the hell out of me. How he drew Walt was an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by varo

blech!
    Even though I liked much of his run, I'd have to say the worst Sasquatch I remember was Pat Broderick's - he looked like a giant ball of fur.

As for the best, that's a tough one. I'm partial to versions similar to the original Byrne design, so that would include the afore mentioned Lee and Henry.

I also remember Paul Neary doing it pretty good in Marvel Team-Up annual #7. Ed McGuinness in Deadpool #1 and Bart Sears in the recent Sabretooth mini are also notables.

-Mike.

I would have to say Scott Clark's version was terrible, even though it wasn't the real Sasquatch. Brian Hitch drew him better, to bad it was only for one ish.

My vote is Clayton Henry too!

MM

Just thought I'd throw my two cents into this.

First Calimee was the worst artist I had ever seen on AF. Lets face superheroes may not be his gig.
    Scot Clarke I think we gave a rough ride and would probably have gotten used to if we hadn't slamed so hard. or not.
    Byrne's Sasquatch being the archtype I'd have to say i liked June Brigmans squatch 2nd best. Then Lee. Then the rest ... whatever.

Thanks for listening,
    JohnnyCanuck

Best Sasquatch artists? John Byrne and Clayton Henry. Nuff said for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    Just thought I'd throw my two cents into this.

First Calimee was the worst artist I had ever seen on AF. Lets face superheroes may not be his gig.
    Scot Clarke I think we gave a rough ride and would probably have gotten used to if we hadn't slamed so hard. or not.
    Byrne's Sasquatch being the archtype I'd have to say i liked June Brigmans squatch 2nd best. Then Lee. Then the rest ... whatever.

Thanks for listening,
    JohnnyCanuck
    I think you're too hard on Calimee, at least his Sasquatch did not looked like a teddybear like Broderick. Calimee was not the best, but he had some potential. Many artist where not good, I can't even named them. Like Mignola is a great artist buthe was on AF before he had found his style and there was Talaoc ugly inking that hide everything.

For Sas I do think, Henry, Jim Lee and Byrnes are the top one, there maybe others but I don't remember now. And as a general artist, I also think those 3 where the best on the serie all volumes included.

What did everyone think of the artist that drew the old Marvel 2 in 1's featuring Sassy and Ben Grimm? I'm at work or I would post the artist's name. I kinda like the form the artist took with the character. It was simple but very powerful in structure, something I always thought the character needed.