Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Casting Call

Default Alpha Flight Casting Call

Ok, I thought his might be a fun way to keep our AF interest going while now book is actually in print.

Every week, let's say...Saturday, I'll post a character in this topic. You then nomiate an actor you would like to see play that character; feel free to back it up however you want, incluing pics will help, or if you have the time/skills, put a photomanipulation together Now, you can only nomiate one actor for each character, so choose wisely. At the end of the week I'll put a poll up for all to vote on all the nomitations. Sound like fun?

For the week of Feb 19 - 25, the character is Heather Hudson, either in EM suit, or not. Start your nomiations!

Ben

She's not known for "action" movies... but I vote for Helen Hunt [with red hair dye] as being a great non-Em suit Heather. She's a typical leading lady and perfectly suited for the non-EM suit Heather. I showed some pics of Heather to my g/f from the "galleries" page on this website and she blurted out, "oh, that's a cartoon Helen Hunt" and I agreed.

For an EM-suited Heather, I vote Halle Berry - the ultimate action leading lady. There's no reason why Heather can't be retconned to be African American, and Halle Berry is the ultimate sexy X-treme action heroine.

Love,
    rplass

Awwww, RP, you broke the rules already Or it could have been I might not have made much sense in the firt post, making with one foot in the bed. You'll have to pic only one of your nominations, as it would get to be too many options if everyone did 2 I'm guessing your finally will be Helen Hunt.

Ben

Let me say it first...Gillian Anderson
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I kinda like Katharine Isabelle who plays Ginger in the Ginger Snaps movies. She's (I think) a natural red head, the right age and can play a strong leading character.

How about Jennifer Garner? Just kidding.

I could see Jessica Biel (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) play Heather, if she died her hair red. She could play both scientist Heather and EM-Suit Heather, but it all depends on the age range your looking for.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Nicole Kidman. Nuff said.

My pic is Julianne Moore.

MM

[img=left:ec84f45da3]http://forum.alphaflight.net/album_thumbnail.php?pic_id=274[/img:ec84f45da3]CLick the pic for the bigger version.
    My nomination is for Sarah Michelle Gellar. Now, don't typecast her as Buffy...She has a look that could really work for the role (sexy..ahem)but has shown she can act with ineligence, and can play the role of the group leader. She can pull off the but-kicking attitude, but doing so in a way that you feel isn't too fake.

Ben

How about meggan Follows, natural red head, not a classical beauty, canadian, and I did not choose her becasue she did Ann of Green Gable and to upset ben. I just think she could be a good choice.

if you want to see her now, well in 2004

*grumble* *grumble* stoopid freekin' Anne....and if yer gonna bring that pigtailed wench up, as she is fond of saying, It's Anne with an "E".

Ben

LOL, having issues with your province's most famous literary character, mate? Just remember, don't blame the actor for the actor.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    *grumble* *grumble* stoopid freekin' Anne....and if yer gonna bring that pigtailed wench up, as she is fond of saying, It's Anne with an "E".
    LOL I know how you feel Ben. Growing up, my sis made me watch the damn movies almost daily for years. And had to hear what happened to each character "after the movies" in the books *shivers*.

Anyhoo, I always had a soft spot for Milla Jovovich. Shes played red heads in the past and we know she can easily fit in a strong female roll.

Dave

Well, you got Anne of Green Gable and I got Céline Dion, which is worst?

And you don't have the song that goes with it!

This is tricky, trying to decide, I think heather would actually be in her thirties? I'm going for Miranda Otto for that great quality of combining strength and vulnerability (think Return of the King):

Though I love Julianne Moore as the best of those previously mentioned.

Madison