Thread: AF Related Solicits - May 2005

Default AF Related Solicits - May 2005

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_exiles_64.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]EXILES #64
    Written by Tony Bedard
    Penciled by Mizuki Sakakibara
    Cover by Jim Calafiore

"TIMEBREAKERS" Part 3 (of 4)
    Now that the menace behind the Exiles' recent troubles has revealed himself in all his evil glory, it's time for…Beak to save the day? Things could get messy.

32 PGS./Marvel PSR …$2.99

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_gla_2.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]G.L.A. #2 (OF 4)
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Pencils & Cover by PAUL PELLETIER

"DIS-MEMBERSHIP DRIVE"
    With the life-expectancy of hamsters, and an ever-thinning lineup, the GLA is in desperate need of new blood. But what self-respecting super-type would sign up for THIS!? Guest stars galore, including Brother Voodoo, El Aguila, and Captain Ultra. Plus Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, and all the other spotlight-hogs you can't get enough of! Oh, and don't forget, in this issue ANOTHER GLAer DIES! Well... besides Mr. Immortal.

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_new_x-men_13.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]NEW X-MEN #13
    Written by NUNZIO DEFILIPPIS & Christina Weir
    Pencils & Cover by Michael Ryan

"CAMPFIRE" Part 1 (of 1).
    The kids at Xavier's deal with death as they mourn the passing of one of their favorite teachers...but when the emotions start coming out, will the kids start saying some things that might signal the end of New Mutants forever?! A Wolverine: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie-In!

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_teams_handbook_2005.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: TEAMS 2005
    Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, ERIC J. MOREELS, STUART VANDAL, MARK O'ENGLISH, MICHAEL HOSKIN, RICHARD GREEN,
    RONALD BYRD, SEAN MCQUAID, ANTHONY FLAMINI
    Cover by TOM GRUMMETT & MORRY HOLLOWELL

Heavy-hitting heroes unite! This Official Handbook contains in-depth bios on more than 30 of the Marvel Universe's most awesome assemblages - including the Defenders, Power Pack and the New Thunderbolts! Plus: An all-new cover by superstar artist Tom Grummett, digitally painted by Morry Hollowell.

48 PGS./All Ages …$3.99

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_wolverine_28.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]WOLVERINE #28
    Written by MARK MILLAR
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
    Cover by GREG LAND

"AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D." Part 3 (of 6)
    With friends like these…who needs enemies? Hydra hits close to home in more ways than one, leaving a rehabilitated Wolverine to face off against a brainwashed, evil former X-Man. With the evil Dawn of the White Light mutants as backup, it's not looking pretty.

32 PGS./Marvel PSR+ …$2.25

And though it's not Alpha Related, thought some of us would be interested in what Clay's next project is:

[img=left:0805c2cc51]http://www.alphaflight.net/news_archives/thumb_new_hellions_1.jpg[/img:0805c2cc51]NEW X-MEN: HELLIONS #1 (of 4)
    Written by Nunzio DeFilippis & CHRISTINA WEIR
    Pencils & Cover by Clayton Henry

From the pages of New X-Men, the resident bad boys (and girls) of Xavier's get their own miniseries. The Hellions spend the summer in California, where they'll discover the dirty secrets from one of their pasts and will face a temptation that will determine whether these kids will be heroes or villains.

Ben

Default Re: AF Related Solicits - May 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Now that the menace behind the Exiles' recent troubles has revealed himself in all his evil glory, it's time for…Beak to save the day? Things could get messy.
    Outside of Heather Sasquatch I doubt this'll have any AF ties. Who knows?

"DIS-MEMBERSHIP DRIVE"
    With the life-expectancy of hamsters, and an ever-thinning lineup, the GLA is in desperate need of new blood. But what self-respecting super-type would sign up for THIS!? Guest stars galore, including Brother Voodoo, El Aguila, and Captain Ultra. Plus Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, and all the other spotlight-hogs you can't get enough of!
    Maybe Sasquatch because of the cover, but I don't think anything like GLA is ever going to be on my radar

"CAMPFIRE" Part 1 (of 1).
    The kids at Xavier's deal with death as they mourn the passing of one of their favorite teachers...but when the emotions start coming out, will the kids start saying some things that might signal the end of New Mutants forever?! A Wolverine: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie-In!
    Or 'The Funeral of Northstar' in one panel.

Heavy-hitting heroes unite! This Official Handbook contains in-depth bios on more than 30 of the Marvel Universe's most awesome assemblages - including the Defenders, Power Pack and the New Thunderbolts! Plus: An all-new cover by superstar artist Tom Grummett, digitally painted by Morry Hollowell.
    With over 30 teams and heroes allegedly all, Alpha Flight may be one of them. Say FF, 3-4 X-Men teams, Avengers, Young Avengers, Runaways, X-Force, New Warriors, T-Bolts, it can add up fast if they don't use only current, in continuity teams. But AF is a reasonable bet. I think it won't be ANADAF. If we're lucky it'll be the team as of... Version 4!!

"AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D." Part 3 (of 6)
    With friends like these…who needs enemies? Hydra hits close to home in more ways than one, leaving a rehabilitated Wolverine to face off against a brainwashed, evil former X-Man.
    It could be Northstar, but who else isn't a current X-Man? Iceman? Berseker? Bedlam? Rictor? Lifeguard? Slipstream? Banshee? Synch? Mimic? One of the kids from 'Riot at Xavier's'? I figure there are at least 15 characters who fit the drawing and promo besides Northstar. Banshee maybe a good bet? Sunfire even? Northstar? Just a hard guess. After all it doesn't say " back from the dead".

v4 where are you??
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

i don't get the hellions issue, what alpha tie does that have?

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    Look who's drawing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Henry
    Look who's drawing it.
    That's an awsome cover Clayton. Don't know too much about these guys, other than they're Emma's bunch of super-kids, but I'll have to buy it. Darn you for making me buy non Alpha book!

Ben

Outside of Heather Sasquatch I doubt this'll have any AF ties. Who knows?
    The answer to "who knows?" would be anyone who's been reading the book.
    Cover sure looks like it will encompass the books past, which has been pretty rich in the Alpha mythos since the beginning, and the Tunderbird on the cover has connection to a variant Shaman.

Hellions is on my pull list now for sure.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Henry
    Look who's drawing it.
    sweet!!!

i guess we now know the "x" project you will be working on.

i will be picking up.

The entire New X-Men: Hellions LS is collected in a brand new TPB. I saw a very nice shiny copy tonight. It's so shiny. For $9.95 you can get all four issues, not bad. The cover is reprinted from the cool issue #1 cover. Nice! Shiny!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com