Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AlphaFlight.net Interview with Mark Millar

Default AlphaFlight.net Interview with Mark Millar

Warning, spoilers for Wolverine #25:

http://www.alphaflight.net/interviews/mm_interview1.php

Ben

Great interview. Big thanks to Mark and Ben 'n' Phil!

I'm glad he got a chance to clear up that homophobia nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Millar
    I came across your site when I was researching the character just prior to this story-line and really like it. It's a really smart site and the comments on the boards are always really constructive and pretty funny.
    That lying BASTARD! He's obviously never visited this board -- we're neither constructive nor funny.

I have some long-terms plans they'll probably feature in to some extent. I don't see them as comedic or anything so my take would very different from the way you're seeing them at the moment. They might feature in a post-Ultimates project that Bryan Hitch and I have been considering featuring a lot of Marvel characters. If we don't go and revamp Superman we might be touching on these characters in a year or two.
    Awwwwwww.... CRAP!!! If Millar so much as sneezes in the direction of AF I'll never get near the book. (And this time that pathetic little angry face is serious, folks. Mostly.)

I have some long-terms plans they'll probably feature in to some extent. I don't see them as comedic or anything so my take would very different from the way you're seeing them at the moment. They might feature in a post-Ultimates project that Bryan Hitch and I have been considering featuring a lot of Marvel characters. If we don't go and revamp Superman we might be touching on these characters in a year or two.

Awwwwwww.... CRAP!!! If Millar so much as sneezes in the direction of AF I'll never get near the book. (And this time that pathetic little angry face is serious, folks. Mostly.)
    Well, at least he said they wouldn't be written as a joke. Besides, it doesn't sound like he'll be using them for the whole project, so maybe you still have a shot.

Now that I had a few minutes, and got the issue in question, there are some related images added to the interview.

Ben

Pffft! That just looks like a stab to the heart. Big deal. My uncle Mike was impaled by a moose -- that's right, a freakin' moose. Whole thing. We had to shoot it to put it out of it's misery... Mike kept gnawing on it's ear in an attempt to get free.

If that little candy-ass can't survive a little heart-stabbing, he's not much of a superhero.

ben that was a awesome interview. you must have some clout pulling down interviews like that.

i would love to see you get your hands on scott lobdell to hear his take on the last series failing.

and no softball questions, ask some tough ones (is it true you modified the original script to send the originals into outer space? how do you feel that the series was so poorly recieved? how do you feel that your artist wanted off the series because he felt it was hindering his career? what is your feeling that you took our favorite series, a series we have held dear to us since the 80's, drug it through the mud and made it a joke? how does it make you feel that varo wants you drug into marvels hq's and slain publicly?........just kidding....please no gender bias or political flaming )

Northstar is unlikely to be brought back in the next arc, but there are lots of X-Men who the Hand or Hydra have access to...

Let's get Alpha Flight back! Northcott, Millar, Me, I'm beginning not to care who.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Let's get Alpha Flight back! Northcott, Millar, Me, I'm beginning not to care who.
    Say my name. Say it! SAY IT!

Now keep saying it, dammit. I'm on the verge of posting Tom's e-mail here so that you guys can start pestering him. Bugger keeps forgetting to mail me those coloured pages. All I need to do is throw some word-balloons on 'em. It'll only be five pages of sequentials that I'll be posting, and some of you have seen rough sketches of them before, but it's a start.

Ed, don't let us stop you. Post the email addy. I know I'M getting anxious to see them! have been since I first heard of it - three years ago!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Still can't believe I blew out my shoulders and lost use of my arms for a freakin' year and change. Man... it's like my memory skips that period.

heh, that'll teach you not to move heavy furnature!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

It'll teach me to be more of a jerk and tell my wife to get out of my way, instead of stopping on the stairs to explain to her why I'm carrying an oak bookcase in the manner I am.

I still can't believe she actually tried to adjust the bloody balance of the thing while it was on my back. On a staircase. With her father at the bottom of the stairs. Normally a very intelligent, down-to-earth, reasonable human being... but man, when she gets it in her head that she's right...

Great interview, I'm a bit miffed about Northstar's death but its nice to hear why Millers doing what he's doing in Wolverine.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    It'll teach me to be more of a jerk and tell my wife to get out of my way, instead of stopping on the stairs to explain to her why I'm carrying an oak bookcase in the manner I am.

I still can't believe she actually tried to adjust the bloody balance of the thing while it was on my back. On a staircase. With her father at the bottom of the stairs. Normally a very intelligent, down-to-earth, reasonable human being... but man, when she gets it in her head that she's right...
    Did you check into new ife insurance policies that might have been bought at the time?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.