Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone affraid this is the end of it?

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Well, the new Power Pack series is part of the Marvel Age line, which means it's not part of 616 continuity.

As for the Power kids, Julie Power has aged a bit and is now being featured regularly in Runaways
    She seems 18 or 19 in Runaways, OLDER than I figured she should be
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    Hoo-ah! Marvel Time strikes again!
    Maybe Department H. got ahold of them and "de-aged" them

Ben
    Oh great, just what we need: Super-Powered Syntha-twerps... (ah well, I've always liked Power Pack.)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Well, the new Power Pack series is part of the Marvel Age line, which means it's not part of 616 continuity.

As for the Power kids, Julie Power has aged a bit and is now being featured regularly in Runaways
    She seems 18 or 19 in Runaways, OLDER than I figured she should be
    MUCH older! Considering that, in Marvel time, 1963 - 2001 equals about 10 years (according to Avengers vol3 #8; we'll round to 30 years even), and that Julie was intro'ed as 10 years old in 1988...

So if 30Ra = 10Ma (assuming Marvel time progresses steadily - which it's been shown not to, but just for arguement sake), and Lightspeed was introed 17 years ago at the age of 10, that would make her, roughly, 15 or 16, so about the right age in Runaways (as for SEEMING to be 18 or 19, Julie's always been the mother-hen type in the old PP series, basically grew up fast.)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

So if 30Ra = 10Ma (assuming Marvel time progresses steadily - which it's been shown not to, but just for arguement sake), and Lightspeed was introed 17 years ago at the age of 10, that would make her, roughly, 15 or 16, so about the right age in Runaways (as for SEEMING to be 18 or 19, Julie's always been the mother-hen type in the old PP series, basically grew up fast.)
    She comes across as college age, in mannerisms and dialogue. She is living, presumably without her family, in LA. I don't see her family allowing that if she was still underage.
    However, her age is not specifically stated, so it is possible she herself is a runaway, though I doubt if that was the case, she's be seeing a therapist (as something other than a john).
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Julie Power, super-powered prostitute. that's VERY out of character (but not implausible)...

IIRC, Kitty Pryde was 15-16 at the time Power Pack were intro'ed. Have they had Kitty celebrate her 18th in the comics yet?

Kitty's now teaching at Xavier's. They probably haven't, she just jumped to 20-something in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    IIRC, Kitty Pryde was 15-16 at the time Power Pack were intro'ed. Have they had Kitty celebrate her 18th in the comics yet?
    I think it was alluded to that she was now ever 18. WHen she was still in Excalibur, she joined the team in a pub, and was ID'ed. Legal age for bar hopping in Britain is either 18 or 19 (have to ask the Brits on the forum for confirmation)

Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Legal age (for drinking) is 18, over here in the UK.

The team cover only shows Powerpack, Defenders and Thunderbolts - so Alpha Flight still have a shot (otherwise are Marvel going to leave the Avengers, FF and X-Men out too?)
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    Legal age (for drinking) is 18, over here in the UK.

The team cover only shows Powerpack, Defenders and Thunderbolts - so Alpha Flight still have a shot (otherwise are Marvel going to leave the Avengers, FF and X-Men out too?)
    ...Fraid so, Scarlet....it only features the three teams you named...LOL

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ok, I've finally got round to reading the blurb -

"Written by Written by Jeff Christiansen, Eric J. Moreels, Stuart Vandal, Mark O'English, Michael Hoskin, Richard Green, Ronald Byrd, Sean McQuaid and Anthony Flamini, cover by Tom Grummett and Morry Hollowell.

Heavy-hitting heroes unite! This Official Handbook contains in-depth bios on more than 30 of the Marvel Universe's most awesome assemblages Â* including the Defenders, Power Pack and the New Thunderbolts!

48 pages, $3.99, in stores on May 18."

So thats 30 teams? Heres my guess at the list:

Alpha Flight, Avengers (with West Coast), Defenders (with Secret and New), Fantastic Four, Fantastic Force, Power Pack, X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force (with X-Statix), Excalibur, Champions, Big Hero 6, Soviet Supersoliders, X-Corps, X-Corperation, Thunderbolts, Inhumans, SHIELD, New Warriors, Shiar Imperial Guard.

Add in some enemy teams - AIM, Hydra, Masters of Evil, Sinister Six (or 12), Marauders, Acolytes, Brotherhood, Serpent Society, Dark Riders.

Thats about 30. Cant wait to see who Marvel actually print - but AF better be in there!
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

I would assume they meant thirty heroes across the three teams, judging from the cover.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    In between her retirement from the X-Men, the Mechanix limited and joining Astonishing X-Men, Kitty seems to have gone through a year or two of college, so she would be about 19/20, which is reasonable slow-aging for Marvel Time. I give Claremont a lot of credit, because he did steadily age her when he was in total control of the character, about 1 year for every 3 to 4 publication years.

I would most hope that Julie Power in Runaways is 15/16, a runaway herself. Borrowing from Nova, she could thearetically be making good money in express deliver in LA.
    www.kozzi.us

the way it's worded sounds like 30 teams to me. That would make more sense than than have a book about 3 teams

I'd say there's a good be AF will be there, most likely ANADAF since the "core" team was featured in the wolvie handbook

Ben

come to think of it dr. strange is probally on his 10th series.