Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: john byrnes forums

Quote Originally Posted by patrick_j_clarke
    That's true. For every John Byrne, there's a guy like Steve Niles, or Robert Kirkman or many others.

Michael May and I are old timers from Steve's board and comics need more people like him. He loves comics, loves what he does and gives much respect to his fans, and his creations.
    Amen.

this quote from byrne sums it up:

Based on the number of people who consider ALPHA FLIGHT to be some of my best work, I would have to say it must be hard to tell when I am "firing on all cylinders"!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick_j_clarke
    I am SO bummed about John Byrne...or the person that he shows on the web. Here's a guy that I feel showed me that comics were more than just funny-books. AF 1-13 made a great impression on me, and to hear that he just doesn't care is disappointing.

I'm just wondering if he says that about AF because he doesn't think he could ever top it? I don't know...*goes off to re-read 1-13 again*
    With Byrne, I decided long ago to appreciate his work (his good stuff at least) and forget about his personality. If he wants to slam his own creations, that's his business, fact is that I enjoyed them (and still do) and his opinion doesn't take away from that. I have had enough dealings with other comic creators who are genuine nice people, and a pleasure to talk with to take him with a grain of salt.

Ben
    Does anyone else wonder if Byrne just slams his owrk as a reverse-psychology thing of garnering compliments, like a lean woman who is always called herself fat so other people will say "no you're not"?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Could be, I know that's a common enough problem with several webcomic artists. And Byrne's ego seems to alienated him with a lot of editors at both Marvel and DC. The web is the only place left anyone will bother to appreciate him.