Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your AF "What If??"

Default Your AF "What If??"

So you've been hired by Marvel to write an issue of the series "What If?"
    You decide to make it based on Alpha Flight and plan on blowing the doors off the readers house with a story that will linger in their minds forever. What is your story?

There are SO many that would stay in people's minds but to pick one:

What if Gamma Flight defeated and truly replaced Alpha Flight?

Think of the possibilities!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

the obvious one is "what if mac had never died"

i really liked the old what if wolverine lead alpha flight. that was a good issue.

What if: Mac lived, but Heather had died in the explosion?

I thought of a list of others, but none seemed to have the impact of the above. Sas going berserk, Sas remaining Tanaraq, etc.

For alternate world horror/fantasy:
    What if Marinna's children swarmed the earth? (Lovecraftian horror)

What if Snowbird had been defeated? (Epic fantasy as the remains of humanity fight against Tanaraq and his ilk)

What if Thor got sick of following around those candy-ass Avengers and decided to hang with a real team in a climate more like his homeland?

How about "What If... Scott Lobdell DIDN'T write the All New, All Different Alpha Flight"?

MM

Here's one inadvertantly suggested by Ed in the thread of "The Suit: Mac or Heather?""
    What If Heather had activated ALL the Betas and Gammas against Thundra instead of just Puck and Marrina?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Oooooh! DANG, Kozz, I'd never even thought of that one. That's got some interesting ramifications.

I now have visions of Smart Alec standing around, scowling, and making derogatory comments about everyone else to cover up how absolutely useless he feels.

And then Tundra steps on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    Oooooh! DANG, Kozz, I'd never even thought of that one. That's got some interesting ramifications.

I now have visions of Smart Alec standing around, scowling, and making derogatory comments about everyone else to cover up how absolutely useless he feels.

And then Tundra steps on him.
    'useless he FEELS"?! How about how useless he IS. What's he going to do, stand there and THINK at Tundra? Yeah, I can see why Byrne offed him as fast as he did - completely useless. Kinda like a battle between Galactus and Aunt May, really...

However, the REST of the concept, that's interesting!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    'useless he FEELS"?! How about how useless he IS. What's he going to do, stand there and THINK at Tundra? Yeah, I can see why Byrne offed him as fast as he did - completely useless. Kinda like a battle between Galactus and Aunt May, really...
    He was only useless because he was lazy and weak of spirit. If he'd had any kind of guts or drive, I'm sure Mr. "I'm a supra-genius" could have built himself a funky suit, too. Instead he ended up looking like a colour-blind egghead at a Star Trek convention, right before he got his ass kicked by an antique fashion statement/belt ornament.

How about

"What if Jade Dragon joined Alpha Flight?"

Imagine the poltico fun you could have.

What if Mac never put on the suit?

What if Thorne did put on the suit?

What if St. Elmo didn't sacrifice himself?

What if Omega Flight killed all of AF, not just Mac?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

What if Heather had not killed Snowbird before Pestilence possessed the body of a demi-goddess in the form of the Great Beast?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

What if Walter had melded with one of the other Great Beasts rather than Tanaraq?

What If Mac Chose Omega Flight To Be Alpha Flight? (Premise: What if, instead of the Shaman, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch and Snowbird - and by proxy Puck and Marrina -, Mac chose Diamond Lil, Box, Flashback, Box (Bochs), Wildchild and Smart Alec to be Alpha Flight)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

This isn't totally AF related (except for Mac & Heather) but I was thinking of "What If...Weapon X became Wendigo".

The story takes place right after Logan escapes the Weapon X compound, in his bezerker rage he ends up killing and eating some helpless guy and becomes cursed.

So insteaded of Mac & Heather running into logan they run into a Wendigo with Adamantium claws.

MM