Thread: A Test Of Time (Split from Wolverine #25)

Default A Test Of Time (Split from Wolverine #25)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    Speaking of Doppleflight, what ever happened to Evil Alpha Flight from Infinity War? Perhaps they could come back as well and then we could loads of different Alpha Flights
    They eventually turned into a pile of writhing tentacles like the rest of the marvel dopplegangers .

Ben
    Too bad, that would have been a convienet return for Tanaraq. He takes over the evil Squatch body and goes about his Great Beastly way...

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Too bad, that would have been a convienet return for Tanaraq. He takes over the evil Squatch body and goes about his Great Beastly way...
    I can't remember which thread I mentioned this in before... but was Sas among the time-tossed Alphans who were plucked from V1-12? If so, then Tanaraq's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    I can't remember which thread I mentioned this in before... but was Sas among the time-tossed Alphans who were plucked from V1-12? If so, then Tanaraq's back.
    No, he wasn't, as he was the one who dumped the bag out

Ben

double post, sorry...musta muffed the edit in the following block...
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    No, he wasn't, as he was the one who dumped the bag out

Ben
    That's part of how the time travel circle didn't work. If Snowbird went thru time, who ripped the heart out of Sasquatch in #23...who rescued him in 24? Who's medicine pouch did he crawl out of circa #45? There's no real way to separate Sasquatch from Alpha history circa V1#12.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24

That's part of how the time travel circle didn't work. If Snowbird went thru time, who ripped the heart out of Sasquatch in #23...who rescued him in 24? Who's medicine pouch did he crawl out of circa #45? There's no real way to separate Sasquatch from Alpha history circa V1#12.
    That's when the layers of time get so confusing. Don't forget what will happen in the futer of this time line. Say this team stays in "current time" for 2 months, then return to the point they were ripped from, having no memory of any alteration, no change on less distant past. Since the past didn't change, then this alternate alpha is either:

a. returned to thier time at sompoint in the near furture
    b. Not a time displaced version of Alpha, but a duplication of a past incarnation, or some such thing.

Ben

One thing that always gets said that I don't understand on any fictional consistency grounds except sloppy writing...who do people have no memory of their future time when they are sent back and backwards in time to where they belong? This is justv to explain how the story came later?
    Why is when people return back to their proper timeline in the future, they never have memory lapses?
    www.kozzi.us

I think the possiblity for Tanaraq returning, will always be there...he is a spirit and they are notoriously hard to destroy. I think if a writer wants to use that angle again...why not?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I think the possiblity for Tanaraq returning, will always be there...he is a spirit and they are notoriously hard to destroy. I think if a writer wants to use that angle again...why not?

Dana
    I always wondered about how the Great Beasts could keep getting killed off and yet show up in a later story.

The Great Beasts are essentially Extradimensional demonic beings. Very powerful and directly connected to their home dimension. Considering that the Northern Gods could not defeat them (merely imprisoning them and keeping them sealed away from Earth) they are collectivly at least as powerful as Mephisto.

The Byrne AF are from an alternate past - all that's actually changed is a small piece of Flashback's memory, and what appeared in his bathroom at the end of #8.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    The Byrne AF are from an alternate past - all that's actually changed is a small piece of Flashback's memory, and what appeared in his bathroom at the end of #8.
    Oh oh, I feel a headache coming on.

Maybe we shouldn't worry too much about the whole time travel/alternate Alpha Flight/doppleganger thing as I'm sure no one else will worry about it in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Maybe we shouldn't worry too much about the whole time travel/alternate Alpha Flight/doppleganger thing as I'm sure no one else will worry about it in the future!
    I guarantee that I will. Now whether or not that's significant is another matter entirely.