Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If there is an Alpha Flight volume 4....?

I certainly wouldn't object to a Sas solo comic, but I think for it to do really well, a strong AF book would have to be in publication. I always thought a Sas/Puck mini would rock. Even a maxi, like like the old Thing/Human Torch books

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    [*]New epic scale villains providing new challenges. New to the team, that is, but old to the MU: Doctor Doom playing political games, the Hulk on a northern rampage (is he still crazy Hulk, or has he gone rational again?), Hydra digging in where they think they won't be touched, etc.
    Alpha have faced both DD and the Hulk before, btw.

The 'digging in where they think they won't be touched' angle was played out in 'First Flight', and I think in Acts of Vengeance. I'd say 'you'd think the villains would learn', but I know better.

Another character, 'sides Squatch, who could be described as a combo of Sabes, Wolvie, and the Beast? Wendigo! Okay, he has more Sabes than Beast, but Sas has more Beast than Sabes.

- Le Messor
    "Corduroy pillows are making headlines."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Alpha have faced both DD and the Hulk before, btw.
    I was thinking more in reference to the "classic" team facing these foes, whole and hearty.

I'd really like to see Alpha functioning as cohesively as the JLA or Avengers are portrayed (when the latter aren't busy melting down); put them on the "A" list and explore how effective they can be when in action and at full strength.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    I'd really like to see Alpha functioning as cohesively as the JLA or Avengers are portrayed (when the latter aren't busy melting down); put them on the "A" list and explore how effective they can be when in action and at full strength.
    We all would. But again, that'd involve going back to Byrne's team.

You're right, of course, about the *originals* never facing Hulk or Doom. They've celebrated Hulk, and talked about Doom, and Sas faced the Hulk a couple'a times when they were together...

Ooh, and if they did face the Hulk, hey, Peter David! \/

- Le Messor
    "Conversation: A vocal competition in which the one who is catching his breath is called the listener."