Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine #25 *SPOILER*

I think it's Northstar...compare the new NS costume to the Silhouette's outline....it certainly looks like him.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    I think it's Northstar...compare the new NS costume to the Silhouette's outline....it certainly looks like him.

Dana
    yup, just look at the gloves, they way they are padded at the back, and the wrist bands...looks a lot like his...

Ben

I picked 25 up...and I'll probably continue to follow the arc somewhat.

I have to say...Defunct, your description of what Wolverine did to Jean Paul is really misleading(gutting him quite thoroughly?....thoroughly impaled, is more like it)..LOL.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKaPow
    Quote Originally Posted by jay042

You know, I wonder what the life of a funeral director in the Marvel Universe is like. I mean it must be quite disconcerting having repeat customers in that business.
    I think they just put up a sign in the morgue. "Departed Superheroes, free to a good home! Just leave behind any other replacement body, no questions asked."
    I would bet cemetaries in the marvel Universe have plots on a rental basis. You sign up for the first year then you are on monthly terms til your ressurection. Anyone requesting creamation gets put in the "back room" and their loved ones are given an Urn full of cremated cats from the vet.

I'm not surprised by the killing of Northstar. I love the guy *points to username* but IMO this was one way of getting rid of a character they could do nothing with because of his sexuality. They killed off Sunfire in Exiles last year right? Marvel would never show Northie in bed with a man since many of the readers are young and would in fact upset a big population of parents that object to such unions, thus in the end hurting book sales. Northstar just happens to be expendable because of his sexuality. I'm not saying Millar is a homophobe or anyone really but it makes you wonder what Marvel is thinking when they kill off two gay characters within a one year period. Guys, there is only a few gay characters in the MU as it is why are you eliminating them one by one? Hopefully they won't do this to Ultimate Colossus because even tho it hasn't been said it has been hinted that he's gay.

I firmly believe DC treats their gay characters better. I'm not the only one that believes this. Others have said the same thing to me. I remember Terry (Green Lantern's gay friend) getting beat up by some thugs because he was gay and Green Lantern beating the crap out of his attackers. I great moment and Judd Winick did a wonderful job.

I hope that is Northstar on the cover of 28. The hair is right but I'm not holding my breathe. Then again in the MU everyone gets resurrected.
    Do U Believe in Xavier's Dream?

Like to discuss X-Men?
    Role Play your favorite Mutant?

[quote="Northstars Love"]I'm not surprised by the killing of Northstar. I love the guy *points to username* but IMO this was one way of getting rid of a character they could do nothing with because of his sexuality. They killed off Sunfire in Exiles last year right? Marvel would never show Northie in bed with a man since many of the readers are young and would in fact upset a big population of parents that object to such unions, thus in the end hurting book sales. Northstar just happens to be expendable because of his sexuality. [/quote

Sorry, I can't agree with you on this. I think there's plenty that could be done with Northstar. I don't think Marvel has to put him in bed with another man to show his sexuality. I am a parent and can assure you I'd rather my children learn about homosexuality from a story where Northstar walks down a beach holding hands and kissing his male partner than by witnessing a gay bashing in GL and then seeing the retaliation afterwards. Yeah that's probably a more real world depiction, but much more graphic. I'd much rather my children learn that some men love men, rather than some men hate men for loving men. Byrne was subtle in his hints, maybe too subtle for today's reader, but I wouldn't be offended if Northstar was shown on panel with his lover. I think the bed is a poor place to show the union, but then I feel the same way about a man and woman depicted in a comic that is read by children. Northstar's sexuality would make for some good stories and maybe give parents something to discuss with their kids. They could explore the hatred, but they should mostly focus on the beauty and love that are found in any loving relationship. Show that we're really not that different when it comes down to it. We're all people with feelings!

well said, B. The depiction of a couple kissing, walking hand in hand, calling each other pet names(as long as it's a printable petname..LOL), etc...are the best ways to get the message across.

The recent Depiction of She-Hulk and the Juggernaut in bed after the "act" in one of the X-books(written by Austen, I don't recall who the artist was)...was really tasteless and unnecessary. Straight couples shouldn't be depicted that way...gay couples either....there is no need for it in a comic book(unless it's for mature readers, of course).

The Shulkie/Juggie moment was just plain irresponsiblity on the writer/artist and editor's parts.

Dana

well said, B. The depiction of a couple kissing, walking hand in hand, calling each other pet names(as long as it's a printable petname..LOL), etc...are the best ways to get the message across.

The recent Depiction of She-Hulk and the Juggernaut in bed after the "act" in one of the X-books(written by Austen, I don't recall who the artist was)...was really tasteless and unnecessary. Straight couples shouldn't be depicted that way...gay couples either....there is no need for it in a comic book(unless it's for mature readers, of course).

The Shulkie/Juggie moment was just plain irresponsiblity on the writer/artist and editor's parts.

Dana
    But it was controversial.
    I almost thought Austen was trying to match the splash made by Hank and Jan in Avengers 75. Austen did say somewhere that his true north was more in lines with that story and his War Machine work. The guy likes to write about sex, and if that follows people who likes to talk about sex, he's probably pretty dang lonely.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I almost thought Austen was trying to match the splash made by Hank and Jan in Avengers 75. Austen did say somewhere that his true north was more in lines with that story and his War Machine work. The guy likes to write about sex, and if that follows people who likes to talk about sex, he's probably pretty dang lonely.
    Ah yes....The Hank travelling to Jan's special places bit......that doesn't belong in a comic book either.....eeek! That is just wrong on so many levels.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Ah yes....The Hank travelling to Jan's special places bit......that doesn't belong in a comic book either.....eeek! That is just wrong on so many levels.

Dana
    I agree. There's something wrong when all the relatively obvious applications of super powers to perversion that occur to just about everybody start getting put into the published books.
    She Hulk and Jugs was tame in comparison, tho I have to admit that I just would have prefered the scene to be talked around a bit more, not avoided. In a lot of ways, it made sense to me.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I don't think two people showing up on panel in a bed together is necessarily damaging to children either. My kids see me lying in bed with my wife pretty often. I'm sure in their innocent minds we're just sleeping, though I have to admit a spark does still exist after 12 years. It's a matter of how suggestive the panel is. Adults don't need a whole lot to send their minds right into the gutter. Naivety doesn't exist in most of us, so even the slightest suggestion registers with us. For a child that's a bit different. If they want to believe that the neighbor's dog is wrestling with mine, who am I too ruin their world. They'll learn it soon enough! We'll be discussing birds and bees soon enough!

no idea since it's saying the page is FORBIDDEN (m'thinks you have to be a member to actually see the so-called pics)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

you just gotta make everything difficult, eh Allan? New links, now in the Album.

Ben