Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Snowbird Really Die?

Y'know, I'm assuming that what every one already suspected, but I have to admit being confused by why Talisman was so pissed at her father, enough to muck up Narya's birthing, asside from her anger over her mother's death. Now I know (and am kicking myself over it). he chose his pseudo-adoptive-demigoddess-daughter-with-the-better-healing-abilities over his flesh-and-blood-mostly-human-daughter-with-no-greater-recuperative-abilities- than-the-average-joe... I always though she was possy over ther fact that Shaman left her stranded in there while he went to help someone else in dire need. The fact that he couldn't get her out wasn't the issue at all. Make a lot of sence to me... Now, don't I feel stupid...

(NOTE: there is no sarcasm involved in this post. I mean all that I said)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
    "Curse Him! In her human form Snowbird is as mortal as any of us. I must help her."
    "If only she'd transform into a rare Arctic budgee, then environmental activists would swarm the techno-fiend for daring threaten an endangered species!"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I honestly don't think Snowbird could be "killed". ...If there is need for her on earth, i.e. the great beasts return, she can be returned to earth from whatever great northern beyond she is sitting in. The only restriction is that any time she would return, the whole process of birth, and binding to the earth would have to be repeated, she would have to go throught the excelerated growing up time all over, and could not return all that quickly. I view her body being cloned by aim as a nice shortcut for the northern gods to return her to earth. They saw what was being done, shot her soul into the new host body, and presto, instant Birdy.

Ben
    I agree that Snowbird cannot truly be "killed," even after snubbing The Old Gods by staying on Earth and marrying Douglas Thompson. I just find it hard to believe that Snowbird could be brought low by technology, alone. A primary safeguard against THE GREAT BEASTS just shouldn't be so easily overcome.

The part I have a problem with is AIM cloning Snowbird's body. In my mind, only a doctor/sorceror combination can pull off a SNOWBIRD resurrection. Which means DR. STRANGE most definitely could do it, Dr. Michael Twoyoungmen can do it, but not too many other folks could do it. There would be Snowbirds up the wazoo if it were that easy (and I don't think THE OLD GODS would want that).

This is why I'm not a big fan of "continuity." We all have to go through so many impossible contortions to try and make sense of this stuff.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Ah...but in those issues where Snowbird was resurrected, it was stated that AIM used magic and technology to create her clone body.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

AIM has close connections to Hydra and the Hand, all whom marry magic and science almost flawlessly to get their goals met. Honestly, I'm REALLY surprised that neither of these groups haven't been more successful.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Possible solution in some of the major reality shakes in the Marvel Universe in recent years, including heroes reborn and the Scarlet Witch's surges of power since Heroes return?

I'm more disconcerted by her resurrection because there was no true impact on Walter, who didn't even acknowledge having her body when studying the new version.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Ah...but in those issues where Snowbird was resurrected, it was stated that AIM used magic and technology to create her clone body.

Dana
    Okay. Hope AIM can only make one.

Snowbird's resurrection is actually one of those things that should have made sense considering her history. She had an advanced healing factor, and it was only a matter of time before she could revive. What really screwed everthing up was the continuity factor with Walter (still) using her body. If it hadn't been for that, the story would have worked. As it is, it might have made more sense to say that Snowbird was cloned, instead of in her original body.

Quote Originally Posted by birdygirl
    Snowbird's resurrection is actually one of those things that should have made sense considering her history. She had an advanced healing factor, and it was only a matter of time before she could revive. What really screwed everthing up was the continuity factor with Walter (still) using her body. If it hadn't been for that, the story would have worked. As it is, it might have made more sense to say that Snowbird was cloned, instead of in her original body.
    Or how about Sas's soul being shunted into the clone body as Birdy took her own back. That would keep the continuity of Sas and his apparent fascination with sex changes. I think we can all agree that would have been a much better solution

I agree. Too bad this kind of explanation was never used in the story.