Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Clayton Henry

Hey Clayton,

I don't really read comics anymore and like I've said elsewhere only come back for AF or if theres a big story going on. Your art was by far the best thing of this series. It was clean and clear with very little if any extras included in a frame. I was really energized when the new series had a good artist. Finally we the fans wouldn't have to kill our eyes by taking in godawful art every month. Here we finally had an artist that was good and clearly enjoyed the work he was putting out.

Thanks for the great work, you've made a new fan with this series and I look forward to checking out your stuff in the future.

-Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Henry
    I use a .5 mechanical pencil with a 2H lead. I've had the same eraser for the past 10 years, so all the lettering is rubbed off. I think it's a Magicrub. I don't bother with any of that blue pencil or lightbox stuff. Or thumbnails for that matter.
    I've never monkeyed with a light box, but find the blue lines to provide easier visuals for me; the quality and speed of my work picks up. Unfortunately most blue pencils are hell to ink; too much of a waxy texture due to the colour retention. The Col-erase were the exception.

One eraser in 10 years? You're a god, man. I go through about one a year. Couldn't function without thumbnails, either.

What are you drawing on? Strathmore bristol? Illustration board?

Mr. Henry,

Your work on AF was nothing but the best.
    Thank you,

Brian

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Clayton,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. Most people wouldn't.

How much of it was Lobdell randomly changing things, and how much Marvel making him combine two pitches, do you know?

Your art suited the series. It's not my style - too cartoony - but that's only my personal taste, and I'm in the minority. I wish you better luck in the future than you had with this.

- Mik
    "FOR SALE- antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers."
    - ad

I would like to second what Mik said, thanks for taking time out to have a natter with us, it's much appreciated. I too wish you luck for the future and though I don't normally pick up much with an X in the title, I will keep an eye out for the upcoming mini.

Once again, thanks and all the best.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Clayton -

I agree with everyone else. You did an amazing job, and if it wasn't for you, the series would undoubtedly have sold even fewer copies. You can't be held accountable for the writing, which had some really great highs (such as saving Flashback & revealing Marrina & Namor's child) and some really great lows (continuity errors throughout, shortcuts in plots and now Alpha existing as a convoluted continuity mess). Good luck on your future projects. You deserve to get more exposure!
    Thanks for you efforts!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hmm... Further thoughts on the pitches. Lobdell submitted two pitches. They combined, and created a new, different pitch.
    So what we got, then, was not so much his pitch, but the son of a pitch.

- Le Messor
    "Competence always contains the seeds of incompetence."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Hmm... Further thoughts on the pitches. Lobdell submitted two pitches. They combined, and created a new, different pitch.
    So what we got, then, was not so much his pitch, but the son of a pitch.
    *GROAN*
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

LMAO!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Clayton,
    I appreciate you stopping in to enlighten us. I definitely enjoyed your artwork. Unlike Vol.2, where we all struggled to recognize even the long time members of the team, your rendetions were spot on, clean, clear images. Like others have stated already you were the one bright spot in this farce of a comic. I can't say I balme you for wanting out, because honestly a lot of us did, too. I'll have to seriously consider my alliegence to Alpha Flight if their ever relaunched. Unless some major changes are made I can't see dropping my hard earned cash.

Thanks again for stopping by!

Tom