Hi, all. I'm sorry things didn't work out better for Alpha Flight. I hope most of you at least enjoyed the artwork. I really did try my best from the 1st issue to the last. Since you have been such loyal readers I will give you a little back story.

While I was on issue 37 of Exiles Marvel contacted me about relaunching AF. As a relative newcomer I was excited that I was even considered to launch a title. I, of course, read the pitch first. The pitch included the search for the original AF by the ANADAF and ended with the two teams joining forces against the Plodex defences. And it was pitched as a 64 page issue #1. The pitch really didn't indicate how cartoony the humor would be. There was no mention of the original AF going off into space. I think Scott was hoping that they would get their own Uncanny title. By issue 6 I didn't like where the book was headed (in terms of character development and writing), which was a shame because Scott had so much faith in me that I wanted this book to work. I told Marvel I wanted to be taken off the book at the end of #12. Coincidentally, the editors were already planning to move me on to something else. It was obvious that staying on Alpha Flight wasn't beneficial to my career.

Fast forward to today. I am 10 pages into my new project- an X related mini. I will really miss drawing the Major, Yukon, and Centennial. You guys who stuck with Alpha are awesome. I have been regularly visiting this site for the past year and I think you deserved better than what you received. But there seems to be a lot "blame Marvel" going on. Remember, Marvel received the same pitch I did and I'm pretty sure they had a lot of trust in Scott Lobdell. Maybe that's why they din't shoot down his changes right away. Everyone likes creative freedom.

That's my take on it. Hopefully, I haven't made any AF fans mad over the last 12 issues and you will all take a look at my new title.

clay