Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have SPOILERS of AF 12-got it early just for yall

Default I have SPOILERS of AF 12-got it early just for yall

Like I said before so noone will ask, I know a comic owner and I get his early issues from him, luckily, AF was one of them.
    SPOILER

It was rushed.Anyone could tell it was rushed
    What happened in issue from beginning to end, here ya go
    1. Nemesis kills the guards we see at end of ish 11
    2.Nemesis kills herself to go back intime
    3.When there, she meets Heather and kills her so Mac wouldnt explode
    4.(present)Aurora(in yellow outfit) finds Walter at artic HQ and takes him back to parliament. The thing is, Paliament has a huge statue of Mac. Mac took over the world when he lived and found out Heather died
    5. Mac shows alt that he captured Nemesis for killing Heather but the ANADAF show up-older though.
    6.Walter kills himself to go back in time where he sees Yukon Jack fighting the original Alpha Flight
    7.Walter grabs Shaman and explains whats happening so Shaman does a spell(Shaman should never be written as they did in ish 12)
    8.The spell brings ANADAF back to when they first meet Flashback but instead of help, he gives them Shamans medicine bag.
    9.They spill the bag, to find out that Original AF emerges from the pouche
    10.So we now have 2 original AF. One in space and ones on earth( I aint complaining since we got Northstar and Aurora back. Heather though was missing from th epouche, so I guess she is still in space.
    11. Now the end, original AF still adventure by aF (they say this in the comic like a fairy tale), Snowbird and Yukon Jack marry, Zuzha Yu and MML have a baby, Nemesis and Centinel die together (years later) The plodex kid is chillin with Namor, and last shot of ish 12, Walt is reexperimenting on himself.

When you read it, you will tell they didnt care, they just wanted to put the original AF back on Earth (minus Heather)

please tell me you are kidding.

if not then the first arc of this series should sum it up.

not even sure i'm going to pick it up now.

uh....well....maybe...

oh hell, this is got to be the single STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard!!! I think we should all just cover our eyes and pretend this did not happen.

Look on the bright side, at least we have Northstar and Aurora back and the messed up Aurora is in Weapon X and Northstar can still push Alpha n XMen.Snowbird marrying Yukon Jack just throws my mind though

yeah, so if a series 4 ever is released the new writer will need 4 story arcs just to clean up this mess.

oy vey!!!

mos def, if I were to believe this was true...why would you give a play by play of the entire plot of the issue?
    You provide no in depth critique as Ben usually does in his excellent reviews, and you look for no redeeming qualities.
    Really, dude...what's the point in a post like this, before the issue is even generally available?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Ah well, I guess he just was disappointed. I'm going to miss Henry's depictions and some characters (Zuzha and MML as I've said).

I guess soon enough (February 10? February 18?) enough time will have passed for Ben/Phil to spill whatever news they're witholding, hopefully it's worth the wait. [-o<

Still one week until I get AF #12.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    yeah, so if a series 4 ever is released the new writer will need 4 story arcs just to clean up this mess.

oy vey!!!
    Or just ignore 99% of it. Hard to fix or retconn everything
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    oy vey!!!
    No, actually, fixing the effects of this series would be quite easy. They have had no interaction with the Marvel Universe except Big Hero Six, who don't count because they're not seen anywhere else anyway.
    I had been kind of hoping Scott Lobdell with his sense of humor was going to do it this in the last panel of this series.
    Think the end of Newhart:

One panel in any future Sasquatch appearance "fixes" these plot threads and anything else from Volume 3:
    Sasquatch: "I didn't sleep well again last night.
    Sasquatch's companion: "You have one of those funky dreams about you and Nemesis forming an all new team with people who don't exist again?"
    Sasquatch: "Yup"

All fixed; there's no appearance by this team anywhere else, no appearance that altered any regular player in the Marvel Universe and the Alpha Flight that has been seen in Wolverine and X-Men is still with us to appear without explanation anywhere else in the Marvel Universe.

Pretty much everything in the series was from Sasquatch's point of view anyway, so the entire 12 issues could be seen as a study of his unconscious mind.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

your right, but that just goes to show how much of a joke this series was that you can explain it away as a dream sequence.

ugggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

sorry i am very frustrated, we finally get alpha back and its treated liek this.

*sigh*

You were not the only one to get frustrated by this series.
    www.kozzi.us

So I take it, according to this synopsis, that Mantlo was brought back one last time to F up the entire series.

I kinda of guess they don't need Mantlo to **** up AF. Given the synopsis it would seem that Mr Lobdell is quite capable of screwing AF without any help from outside agencies. However I have it on good authority that AF vol 4 will open with Heather stepping out of the shower realising that vol 2 and 3 where all just a bad dream, bought about by dining in strange restaurants with crap writers (imho). Well that would be the scenario if I was writing the thing.

I just get the impression that Lobdell has Fubarred AF to the point where it may be impossible to ever see them in print again. Who's gonna want to write them as guests with such a convoluted plot line to clear.

Just as an aside, if the original AF from circa #28 are in this time, does all the **** that's happened between then and now actually occur. No baby for Snowbird, Bochs still alive etc. Heartfelt thanks to Mr Lobdell I don't think.

(all the above is my opinion, not a definitive)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!