Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sasquatch's strength.

That being said, Sasquatch should get some extra strenghth points for being rather apelike

Ben

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

As for anger being a factor, we can't completely count that out either. Anger produces an adrenaline rush. Little blue-haired old ladies have been known to lift the engine-end of buicks under extreme stress (ie: anger). Sure, they pay for that later one, but it STILL can be done. Now translate that unto Sasquatch who's EASILY 100x stronger (more'n likely more), and the intensity of his anger - not only would be be able to dead-press a tank, but in theory, he'd be able to redender it into scrap metal. Attach that onto the fact that it's been stated that Sasquatch heals faster than a normal person...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    As for anger being a factor, we can't completely count that out either. Anger produces an adrenaline rush. Little blue-haired old ladies have been known to lift the engine-end of buicks under extreme stress (ie: anger). Sure, they pay for that later one, but it STILL can be done. Now translate that unto Sasquatch who's EASILY 100x stronger (more'n likely more), and the intensity of his anger - not only would be be able to dead-press a tank, but in theory, he'd be able to redender it into scrap metal. Attach that onto the fact that it's been stated that Sasquatch heals faster than a normal person...
    This is a good point, but do mythical great beasts from an other dimension have adrenaline?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    This is a good point, but do mythical great beasts from an other dimension have adrenaline?

Ben
    Well, let's see, we know they (or this one at least) has blood and a heart, so it's safe to assume he has an adrenal gland. Not only that, but this is Walt's body transmutated by the combined might of gamma radiation and the Beast's 'magic' (for lack of a better word). Now, since, as a human, Walter had all these things - blood, a heart, and an adrenal gland - and we don't know what Tanaraq looked like in his original pure-beast form (we've only seen his spirit inhabit Walter and Narya in the accompanying form), it's a safe bet.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

You know I'm all for it. Putting him in the Hulk/Thor elite category strikes me as being just fine.

I've been thinking about the nature of Sasquatch.

Walt's pretty bright, and knows his stuff. Chances are he didn't screw up entirely -- what if Sas really is a quasi-Hulk like being? Big, hairy, and orange, you say? Well, yes. Different energies were not only involved, but Walt's a blonde-haired former linebacker with a very different mentality than Bruce Banner. We've found out that the Hulk is partially a physical manifestation of Bruce's repressed emotional state -- it only makes sense that given the physical and emotional differences in the two men that the two forms would be different in appearance.

Then there's the great beast. He's gone, but Walt maintains the beast form through various machinations of continuity -- but what if he'd managed to achieve it on his own? What if Tanaraq didn't give Walt the beast form so much as "nudge" how it manifests to help his escape? Sensing the shift in energies from the other side of the barrier, unable to completely escape his confines, he threw in a little extra mystical "oomph" to taint the experiment and give him a loophole to use to his advantage later.

So perhaps we're not looking at an either/or situation here. Perhaps we're looking at a confluence of events that produce a hybrid result.

And someday I really, really wanna draw Sas facing off against the Hulk. Sort of talking down to him like the little guy that Walt knew in college.

Sas: "Calm down, Bruce. It's me... It's Walter. Walt Langkowski. Remember?"

Hulk: "RRRRRAaaaaaaaGGGGHHHH!"

Sas: "..." "...Last time I heard you make that sound was the morning after a frat party."

Hulk: "HULK SMASH!!!"

Sas: "Whoa there, little buddy!" (THWACK!)

In interesting way to break down Sas's relation to Tanaraq woul be to say that at any time, each great beast has a human that acts as a link between the realm of the beasts, and our reality. When Sas did his little experiment, the energy released opend an existing, yet locked door, allowing Walter to take advantage of his pre-exting relation to Tanaraq. After he took over the body of Narya, his own spirit was still tied to that of Tanaraq, and was still able to assume Tanaraq's form. That body being already used to tranformations was able to act as walters gamma-irradiated body did, allowing Wanda to take on an altered form of Tanaraq. When the spririt of Narya decended to return Walter's masculinity to him, his body (still technically that or narya) was still able to take on the Sasquatch form, as his spirit was still the ever present link.

Now, you could expand that theory to see that Richard Easton was the earth-link for Tundra. Ranaq was bound to Zebediah Chase, and when he was killed, to Lucas Stang. When Kolomaq was freed, it his link could have been one of the oil drillers,.

K, so that's my theory, back to reviewing AF#12.

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

How did Walt have a pre-existing link to Tanaraq, before the experiment?

And I got that he swapped bodies, it wasn't simple posession.

- Le Messor
    "Entropy isn’t what it used to be."

My take on it was posession/transformation -- otherwise Snowbird ripping out tall n' shaggy's heart wouldn't have left a gaping hole in poor ol' Walt's sternum. Walt's body acting as the gateway for Ratatat's earthly presence. Walt frequently mentioned in the earlier issues about the pain caused by the transformation as his body reshaped itself, and we had a viewing of it in varying stages in the first issue.

we may boost their strength, but not back to the old days. Anyone have essential hulk? He causes a whole crapload of tanks to explode just by clapping. Ridiculus i say. Almost like i was reading a dc comic.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Northcott
    My take on it was posession/transformation -- Walt frequently mentioned in the earlier issues about the pain caused by the transformation as his body reshaped itself, and we had a viewing of it in varying stages in the first issue.
    That's true; and in #9; but #23-24 gave a slightly different take. I got a complex swapping that looked like a transformation - which could explain the pain; he's beins swapped molecules at a time, which would hurt!

- Le Messor
    "Consider your reputation. Try changing your name and moving to a new town."