Thread: Advance preview of Alpha Flight #12

From the looks of the cover, not even a 48 page double issue for AF's final comic. Plus, on the negative, three full pages and a three panel one taking up nearly (if it's 22 pages as per usual) nearly 20% of the book, with not much said. Oh vell
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I just like that 'Squatch is singing Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" under his breath on the last page there.

I know it'll be rushed, but I just hope I can come away from this issue with some sense of satisfaction.

Well, I guess when all is said and done we'll know Zuzha can generate any level of force she needs (besides being acrobatic), Centenniel has superman powers, and Yukon Jack can generate light and has bone projectile/control. We won't know what Major Mapleleaf's powers really are (is Zuzha's guesses right or Sasquatch's, is he strong, a bit invulnerable, can negate gravity, biocentric power blasts or not?). Then all four of these characters will go into a deeper oblivion than Flex or Murmur. And I never liked Flex or Murmur much.

ETA to good news still 6 days, methinks [-o<
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

hmmm... am I the only one who noticed that, on the fourth page, Walt's in his Sasquatch form wearing a t-shirt and jeans - with a belt to boot? Does that mean he has a closet full of clothes for his 10 ft tall shag rug form as well? This is of course not the first time we've seen Walt-as-Sas wearing clothes - GenX #19, for example, he's wearing a lab coat.

Not only that, he's wearing glasses that issue (as well as a couple in this series) - assuming his head grows when he does, does that mean that he has a spare set of glasses for his fuzzier form? and wasn't part of the reason that walt infused himself with gamma radiation so that he wouldn't HAVE to wear glasses?!

Ponderances, ponderances...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    hmmm... am I the only one who noticed that, on the fourth page, Walt's in his Sasquatch form wearing a t-shirt and jeans - with a belt to boot? Does that mean he has a closet full of clothes for his 10 ft tall shag rug form as well? This is of course not the first time we've seen Walt-as-Sas wearing clothes - GenX #19, for example, he's wearing a lab coat.

Not only that, he's wearing glasses that issue (as well as a couple in this series) - assuming his head grows when he does, does that mean that he has a spare set of glasses for his fuzzier form? and wasn't part of the reason that walt infused himself with gamma radiation so that he wouldn't HAVE to wear glasses?!

Ponderances, ponderances...
    He's not fully in Sasquatch form for unknown reasons. In last issue he spent the entire issue distracted in a partial state of transformation.

Ben