Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loose Ends and Frayed Plot Threads....

Default LOL

All of number twelve!! Such as the random deaths of centennial and nemisis!!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Another: what happens when Narya bleeds?
    I never understood that because Snowbird and Kolomaq had a bloody battle (most of which we didn't get to see) in AFV1# 6. Is it the location in the United States that made her ultra-vulnerable? I wish it had been explained at the time so there would be no ambiguity.

Come to think of it, I wish we could've seen how Snowbird survived, because she looked in bad shape. I bet Shaman (not WHITMAN KNAPP) had something to do with it. Opps, being snarky/b***hy/cranky again.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    ...Is it the location in the United States that made her ultra-vulnerable? I wish it had been explained at the time so there would be no ambiguity.
    When Narya was born Shaman bound her to Canada to help her take form, unfortunately, the way he did it meant if she left the country she would begin to die. It was explained in AF V1 #12 by Shaman: "This is my fault! When I delivered her I used my magics to bind her to humanity, to the land. I must have been too specific in my spell."

I never understood that because Snowbird and Kolomaq had a bloody battle (most of which we didn't get to see) in AFV1# 6.
    Yeah, I think JB tried to come up with something cool in issue #12 but had forgotten what he had written in #6.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd
    I never understood that because Snowbird and Kolomaq had a bloody battle (most of which we didn't get to see) in AFV1# 6.
    Yeah, I think JB tried to come up with something cool in issue #12 but had forgotten what he had written in #6.
    Understandable. Garry/Al-Fan

Default Re: Loose Ends and Frayed Plot Threads....

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Just a random AF discussion topic(not sure if it's come up here yet)....

Other than Marrina...alive, dead, undead or other....what other untied up plot threads, loose ends, dead ends, etc are still floating around for Alpha?
    Discuss...LOL...

Dana
    Wow. This could keep us going for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    - If Narya's 'soul' (or whatever) is up there with the Arctic Gods, alongside the souls of her hubby and baby, then who's in Narya's clone's body? (interesting story potential there, imho)
    That's my biggest one. Snowbird's...status, for lack of a better term, should be clarified.

Wasn't Narya's battle with Kolomaq supposed to be happening in a different realm? Or maybe not totally in this realm. Also, maybe the restriction is simply that mortal beings shouldn't make her bleed or all heck breaks loose.

I can't look at the issue as I am at work, hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by seroquel
    Wasn't Narya's battle with Kolomaq supposed to be happening in a different realm? Or maybe not totally in this realm. Also, maybe the restriction is simply that mortal beings shouldn't make her bleed or all heck breaks loose.

I can't look at the issue as I am at work, hee hee.
    No, it was on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Another: what happens when Narya bleeds?
    She...bleeds. I happen to be re-reading my older issues because I ordered a batch from Mile High Comics recently. When she said "I bleed" back then, I just took it to mean that she was surprised and scared. She even says something to the extent that it's never happened to her before and referred to the feeling of feeling her life drain away. I think she's just terrified of it.

Strange example, but kind of like when Jim Carrey's Grinch starts crying tears of joy and doesn't get what's going on. "I'm LEAKING!!!"

...But she was pretty scraped up at the end of the battle with Kolomaq in issue six, I don't recall if she was actually bleeding(although she may have been). Why would she be so upset in 12 aboout bleeding, if she already bled in 6(if she did indeed, bleed from the battle)?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

It was probably nothing more than a screw up on JB's part. He probably forgot what he wrote in #6 when he wrote #12.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    ...But she was pretty scraped up at the end of the battle with Kolomaq in issue six, I don't recall if she was actually bleeding(although she may have been). Why would she be so upset in 12 aboout bleeding, if she already bled in 6(if she did indeed, bleed from the battle)?

Dana
    Crap I *just* put #6 away. But that was the issue I was referring to. She DOES express concern about bleeding in #6. That's when she says that she feels her life drain away and gives the impression that's the first time it's ever happened. So for her to be freaked about it in #12 isn't surprising because she was freaked in #6 as well. We didn't see it because it was in one of the all-white panels.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default I HATE Alpha Flight's continuity, loose ends, frayed plots..

Madison taking credit for altering the Box armor to accept Langkowski (I will update this with the issue # soon, but it's a MANTLO AF book!*) when Madison wasn't even there when Shaman infused the Box armor with Walter's soul in AFV1# 24!

* AFV1# 46, page 21, panels 3 & 4

Roger: "It's not possible! I designed the robot to accommodate my mind---my genetic matrix!"

Madison: "Ya had me modify it ta accommodate others in the past, Bochssie---Walter Langkowski, for one. I guess I never saw no need ta unmodify it..."
    "...or ta use the modification ta give you the boot--till now!"

Three big problems: (1) Shaman infused Walter's soul into BOX, and Madison wasn't there; there was no DNA 'cause Walt's body was dust; (2) coming out of limbo and hopping from Smart Alec's body, Walt didn't use or need Madison's help fusing into the BOX armor, and; (3) earlier in # 46, Whitman reveals that Wanda is "an amalgam---of the man Walter Langkowski was, the woman and goddess Snowbird was, and the Great Beast both became." How gravedigger Madison managed to get the DNA from an entity like that needs to be explained.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottawa Renegade
    Crap I *just* put #6 away. But that was the issue I was referring to. She DOES express concern about bleeding in #6. That's when she says that she feels her life drain away and gives the impression that's the first time it's ever happened. So for her to be freaked about it in #12 isn't surprising because she was freaked in #6 as well. We didn't see it because it was in one of the all-white panels.
    Thank you, OR. I had forgottent that she freaked out a bit(It's been a while since I read that one)...I should never rely on my crappy memory.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!