Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight 12

Four letters, one unnamed writer, one a probable alias "Gary Pickup", Josh Miller from Boston Mass and one by "Doug"...if that sounds familiar to anyone.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

GP is me!!! Yay I've had a letter printed in AF
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Hey congrats! So two Alphawaves members printed in one issue! Sweet! Too bad we won't get to see that again for a while...

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    GP is me!!! Yay I've had a letter printed in AF
    Hey Gary, no slam intended if your last name IS Pickup...I get irritated with people pronouncing my name wrong, so really wouldn't make fun of someone else's, but "Pickup" sounded like an alias
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I get irritated with people pronouncing my name wrong
    Just so I don't fall into the 'irritating' catagory outside of choice, how DO you pronounce your name?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hey Kozzie, no offence taken. Looking at it from another point of view my surname could look like an alias (sounds cool saying it that way), but its been my name since day 1 - and made for alot of "pickup truck" nicknames in school

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    Hey Kozzie, no offence taken. Looking at it from another point of view my surname could look like an alias (sounds cool saying it that way), but its been my name since day 1 - and made for alot of "pickup truck" nicknames in school
    LOL, better than the nicknames I get! (for the record, yes, I AM related to Betty Crocker - she's my great-aunt- but not THE Betty Crocker. She's fictional)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Finally got the issue today. I've got mixed feelings over it, first off I'm going to miss the ANAD Alpha Flight (I dont care what anyone says, I liked them). Second, I agree with other posters that the ending of the issue seemed abit rushed (same as what happened with Captain Marvel V4) and looked like it was building up to something bigger (any chance we could ask Scott to post what (if anything) was originally planned?).

Mac becoming a tyrant was a cool idea and gives of some great mental images (imagine him taking on Cap A, Dr Doom or the Defenders) its just a shame we didnt get to see some more of the battles (ANAD AF did seem to leave most of the battles to the imagination),

All in all a nice wrap up issue that still leaves me wanting more AF (any version).

Well I will miss the the new ANADAF as theres very little chance we'll see them in a book again. I agree I really liked Mac as dictator of the world. His costume was great and I need it made into a figure pronto.

I hated the ending. It made it seem like this was it no more AF ever again. Now granted the series was over but it won't be the last we see of this group. Snowbird marrying Jack is interesting along with Zuzha and MML battling evil on the weekends.

The dialogue between Shaman and Nemesis was great. I know alot of people didn't like the humor in the series but here it worked for me. One of the reasons I stopped reading comics way back was the fact that they all had the same attitude about them. Everything was 100% serious 100% of the time. In this series we could chuckle while reading the stories. I liked that.

I'll miss it.

BTW... I can't wait for a Centennial mini. We need an origin. Who wants to write it?

To quote Peter David from Imzadi:
    This is why time travel gives me nosebleeds.
    A very,very poor issue to go out on. Although there were some nice bits (I loved Walt and Michael's conversation. "Short version? I screwed up.") the plot made no sense whatsoever. Through contrived situations the AF v1 #12 Alpha Flight is back. Sheesh.

Not to mention that this thing violated all laws of Marvel time travel. The way things have always worked in Marvel is that you can't change your own timeline. If you try, you create an alternative universe where things went differently.

So the only way I can rationalize things is that an AF from an alternative timeline are now running around Earth 616 (to use Claremont's designation of "mainstream" Earth from Excalibur v1).

You know what I want now? All I want now is for the X-Men to get into a fight in northern New York. And have it range a ways. And as soon as they cross the border have Wolverine be the only one to realize it and start laughing. When asked why, he'd mention "I told some old friends we might drop by."

Then have Alpha come out of nowhere and pound the bad guys into the ground.

It's not much to ask, I think. I'll hold onto this one little dream.

The other thing would be for Centernnial to pop up again. I really liked the guy.[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Hey congrats! So two Alphawaves members printed in one issue! Sweet! Too bad we won't get to see that again for a while...

Ben
    If "Mokole" is the Doug in the letters page, than that makes 3 Alphawaves members printed in one issue. How sad that it was the last...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

My take...

I loved the bit about Puck having (or not) a demon. I loved the bit with Walt experimenting on himself (I dunno; for all the disrespect there, the 'Whoops' just made me LOL). I thought the letter by Josh Miller summed up nicely the 'approved' feelings of this forum - is he here? Though it got less diplomatic as it went on. Nemesis killing Heather made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Either did Aurora's accent - hmm... but she looked like Fran (from Black Books, if anyone's seen that) when she walks in in front of Sas, and Guardian's wearing his Batman cowl. The cloak and Batman cowl I liked, the MML costume I hated, and I really, really, don't see him as the taking over the world type - hey, the guy didn't even want to lead his own team. I thought it was a betrayal of the character.
    It took Michael (not me, the other Michael) years of training and re-faithing just to draw pine needles from the pouch. Tipping coins out just by turning it over wouldn't work - and if it did, we'd get #26 all over again (the inside-out bit). Speaking of his pouch, I've just read the Shadow War trilogy by Claremont & Lucas. The girl in that has a pair of Shaman pouches; as co-creator, I wonder if Claremont added them in as a reference?

Apart from all that?
    What you guys said.

- Le Messor
    "Confucious say too damn much!"

Default Centennial/Nemisis?

That was wrong, since it implied that they were only united when they died, and the alternate timeline shows nemisis with her mask off. Plus, both of them have reasons they should still be alive, Nemisis has her magic and Centennial... Well, he's "invincible!" And i don't care what anyone says, the in the future version of MAP was the only time I ever thought he was cool. He kindof reminded me as a Bishop, Cable, Nick Fury, and that other guy type of character, not really any big powers, but he walks around with a big gun. (I know, Bishop and Cable have powers, shut up.) And, has anybody seen that thing on malcom in the middle with the hamster ball? Does anybody else want to say marvel do that with thunder and the league of super pets!? Of course you do!!! It would allow alpha flight to live on by injecting their humour into things. And by the way, if they did live on, they got rid of enough of the original characters that I think they could inject Mape and Zuzha into things. (Ya know, snowbird gone, and really, whats his face, ah crap, i'm blanking out, the fast flying dude who is Aurora's brother. He's kindof with the X-Men now.) So they could still be in it.

Huh?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Re: Centennial/Nemisis?

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothsKiller
    And by the way, if they did live on, they got rid of enough of the original characters that I think they could inject Mape and Zuzha into things. (Ya know, snowbird gone, and really, whats his face, ah crap, i'm blanking out, the fast flying dude who is Aurora's brother. He's kindof with the X-Men now.) So they could still be in it.
    Well, the world's a twisted place. You can now buy chilli-flavoured Tim Tams.
    (Which is a type of chocolate-coated chocolate biscuit (cookie to you Americans).

BTW, his name's Northstar, or Jean-Paul Beaubier.
    You're new here, welcome aboard, but careful of that ice... there's a lot of sharks under it who've never got over the originals...

- Le Messor
    "Daisies of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains."