Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight 12

I reread #12 and like most issues I thought the art was bang on, the future (whatever) versions of ANADAF would have been nice to explore more. The characters were a strong point but Lobdell just never wrote very well. The entrance by the future ANADAF was the highlight for me.

Anyways now they're gone forever, except in other comedy specials. Maybe AF will show up in WX: DFN and that'll be the jump-off point for AF once again. Maybe this time they'll plug it BEFORE issue #1 hits the stands!

I'll miss the characters and Henry's art but I got tired of the silliness and meaningless plots. Still, hope springs eternal for version 4, right?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

... And what's with Snowbird's line about "B-but-- I wasn't with you in the States!" She was! She -so- was!

She was in the original #12, she was in -this- #12. Remember her rotting away?

Agh! He can't even keep track of his -own- continuity, much less Byrnes. Oh, and if he's supposed to be setting something up with that, the last issue is a bit late for that, ain't it? There aren't many pages left, and Lobdell never answered it.

But I like the line about "There's no such thing as one small spell."

- Le Messor
    Stroganoff: "Two masked magicians just stole the queen of England's tiara!"
    Striperella: "I know, I was there. But how did you find out about it so fast?"
    Stroganoff: "Lucky guess."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    ... And what's with Snowbird's line about "B-but-- I wasn't with you in the States!" She was! She -so- was!

She was in the original #12, she was in -this- #12. Remember her rotting away?
    Lol...I read that and thought "Really? I could have sworn she was" and didn't bother to check. Obviously, neither did our self-proclaimed Alpha geek writer.

Maybe with all the time travelling/screwing with the time scream they lost original AF 12 Snowbird and gained an alternative Snowbird that never went to New York and never fought the ANAD Alpha Flight.

Or maybe Scott was so annoyed about ANAD AF getting canned he forgot about Snowbird.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg

Or maybe Scott was so annoyed about ANAD AF getting canned he forgot about Snowbird.
    Then he should have taken it out on himself, as it's the writing that killed the book.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.