Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight 12

Default Alpha Flight 12

Since when can Aurora carry SASQUATCH in flight? Didn't he always have to tone down to being Walt for her to be able to lift him?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Please include a spoiler space when posting on a new issue,

Thanks,

Ben

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Kozzi, have you read it? I thought it wasn't due for another week?
    So far, she's only carried Walt; come to think of it, isn't he a little heavy for her?

- Le Messor
    "Cocaine isn’t habit forming. I should know – I’ve been using it for years."
    – Talullah Bankhead

if you are buddies with a comic distributer (like me) Marvel sends preview issues a week early.I just havent gotten my butt to go get it.Will tell you tomorrow though

Default Re: Alpha Flight 12

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Since when can Aurora carry SASQUATCH in flight? Didn't he always have to tone down to being Walt for her to be able to lift him?
    Aurora is strong, but she is in no way strong enought to carry Walt in his Sassy form(he did fly with her, piggy back style in issue#11, but he was in human form)....that's just another screw up...great...just when I thought the screw ups were over.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I think this is like the rushed ending of V2.... fit in things that make no sense just to get the Byrnites back. I'm getting it anyway and I'll be sad that Zuzha and MML will disappear forever like Feedback and Ghost Girl and others I liked.

I figure Aurora carrying Sasquatch is meant to be just get it over with stuff. No, I haven't seen the book yet.

I guess by next Friday Ben and/or Phil can tell us some news to cheer us up, eh?

BTW, first looks, for once, are up. You can start here:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstl.../alpha12p1.gif
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Thanks,

Ben
    Sorry Ben...as she is depicted on the first page of the milehigh site, I don't think that something stating she is in the issue and carrying Sasquatch during this time travel story, anything significant is spoiled.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Thanks,

Ben
    Sorry Ben...as she is depicted on the first page of the milehigh site, I don't think that something stating she is in the issue and carrying Sasquatch during this time travel story, anything significant is spoiled.
    heh, nope, not a big spoiler, if it was, I would have ust stuck the spoiler space in there myself Some folks are just quite sensitive about spoilers prior to reading the book. I'll be tempted to take a peek at it when I'm in town tomorrow, but I'll try and make myself wait 'till it's actually on the shelf.

Ben

I only looked at the pivtures, read no words, except names in the
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    letter column
    (set apart so no one would be spoiled to know one is in the issue)
    www.kozzi.us

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Wow...Every battle in this series is just going to be the cop-out "after the battle" scene...That's just @#!%+! ducky.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I wont be able to get this issue until next Thursday, so please someone spoil me a little bit and let me know who if anyone from the board get a letter printed. cheers.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

besides being disapointed that another alpha series is going away, i am really disapointed to see a alpha series with great art disapear. claytons art was awesome on this series.

i really disliked the art on series 2 and thought claytons art was awesome.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlettspiderg
    I wont be able to get this issue until next Thursday, so please someone spoil me a little bit and let me know who if anyone from the board get a letter printed. cheers.
    I didn't recognize anyone, but I don't know everyone's real name.
    www.kozzi.us

A guy from Boardhost.com AF may have gotten one of his (I apologize if it's a her) printed. I've had one printed but years ago, and not in a comic but a previews thing.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

So I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is the thread for discussion of #12. Just because.

Spolier space just in case
    That seems like enough.

Good issue on the whole. I spent the majority of the read confused out of my gourd, but a reread cleared up most of that. Some of the Nemisis stuff still confuses me. Just a little. In any case, it was RUSHED. Crazy rushed. Aaaaand. . . There are TWO Byrne-era Flights now.

The art, of course, is gorgeous. If you're reading this Clayton: You are THE finest new pencilers in the industry. Your consistency is your finest asset. Never lose that. I really digged the designs for "lost in time" Mape and 'International Despot' Guardian.

The "where are they now" part at the end seemed more like a "this is where I was going with the series" part, but it was a decent way to wrap things up. The bit about Rutherford and Nemmy got an emotional response out of me. Maybe it's just the fact that it's really sinking in that this book is done. Since Dreamwave went under, it's all I've bought. . . And now. . . *sigh*