Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pursuasion

Default Pursuasion

Methinks the possibility of seeing the old Alpha/Beta member Pursuasion increased.

In New X-Men Academy X #9, Laurie reveals her mother is single because her father had made her love him with the pheremone power that Laurie inherited from him.

Sure sounds like Xeb Killgrave's MO on Pursuasion's mother, so this could lead to Kara's re-emergence in New X-Men as Laurie's character and background is further explored.

Generally, the character of Pursuasion was one of the best things that came from Bill Mantlo's run, so I see this as good news, even if I have never gotten to like the fact that Killgrave has been inexplicably returned to life after his death in the Empreror Doom Avengers Graphic Novel.

Thoughts...?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

What's funny is that he's in both "New Avengers" and "New Thunderbolts".

MM

He'd been used as alive a year or three ago too, also without explaination. Before that he had been "recreated" in a sense towards the end of the late Mark Gruenwald's run in Captain America with the character Dead Ringer. I guess I just complain about him being brought back for three reasons. First, the resurrection has not been explained, tho I guess that's par for the course these days. Second, Mantlo did NOT bring him back, even though I'm sure he could have told an interesting story with Kara. Most important, "Emperor Doom" was a great story, even if not widely known, and Killgrave's death was an important even in that.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

It would be interesting if all these girls with pheremone powers are in fact Kilgrave's kids. Kara has already proven she's at least equal in power to her father. I'd like to see a confrontation between father and daughter at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    It would be interesting if all these girls with pheremone powers are in fact Kilgrave's kids. Kara has already proven she's at least equal in power to her father. I'd like to see a confrontation between father and daughter at some point.
    I would assume that since the pheremones would be similar in nature, that they would be immune to each other's effects.

Ben

I wouldn't count on it Ben. Pheremones are generally used to attract a mate of the opposite sex in nature. They may be even more potent against one of their own. But I would think Purple Man would have the upper hand, what with the worms chewing on his innards and sinus cavities all those years. It's gotta be difficult to smell when you're dead. Wait.... I take that back, in Dawn of the Dead they always seem to be able to sniff out those brains! So advantage Persuassion!

The whole question, however, is contingent on Laurie's father not being Mandrill, who also died a significant death and whose ressurection was never explained on panel.
    www.kozzi.us

Maybe all of the villian deaths with unexplained resurrections could all be blamed on the Age of Apocalypse reset. I got the impresspin that overall the Marvell universe was subtly changed when everything was returned to normal. While it only affected X-books continuity, it might have had a minor alteration to events elsewhere, such as certain villians dying in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    The whole question, however, is contingent on Laurie's father not being Mandrill, who also died a significant death and whose ressurection was never explained on panel.
    Hey...yeah, Mandrill did show up in Alpha Flight#121,soon after his death by the Grim Reaper(who drained his life force and left him a desicated corpse)in Avengers West Coast. He appeared most recently in the New Avengers as one of the prisoners of the Raft.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

My memory might be faulty, but his main real death (at least the first one) was in Defenders, wasn't it?
    www.kozzi.us

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    My memory might be faulty, but his main real death (at least the first one) was in Defenders, wasn't it?
    Oh...maybe...how did he die then? If he did die in Defenders...he came back and died later in Avengers West Coast(can't remember the number)....he attacked the Grim Reaper(Wonder Man's evil brother) to make him pay for killing Nekra(who had resurrected the Reaper as a life-draining zombie), raving that she was his sister or some nonsense(which she isn't)....anywho....Grimmy stabs the Mandrill and sucks the life out of him, leaving a dried up corpse behind.

Dana

Come to think of it....I'm surprised there aren't more illegitimate villain kids running around...LOL! Maybe even Mesmero has a few, somewhere.

Dana

The Purple Man's resurrection was explained in X-Man, his first reappearance after the DreamQueen episode with Kara. Unfortunately, the writer didn't read the Alpha storyline too thoroughly because he thought that Zebediah really was brought back to life in that issue instead of it all being a dream by the DreamQueen....another case of sloppy research...

In other words...it WASN'T explained.
    I like my private theory better, that the mind control power of Killgrave brought him back through Dead Ringer, and he is now Killgrave, but has taken over the mind and soul and body of Dead Ringer...or the power itself took over Dead Ringer, who is cashin in on Zeb's rep.
    www.kozzi.us