Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon X Mini-Series

Default Weapon X Mini-Series

Of course I know how controversial Frank Tieri's portrayal of some of the Alphans during Weapon X was, but he posted this on his thread after asked by Dana. Thought all would be interested in the response...

The Director, Jeffries and Wildchild will all be back-- not to mention a few other Alpha-centric characters.
    Maybe we'll finally get to see if Lil escapes Neverland...

what's the URL for the post?

Ben

Alpha-centric. Hmmm. Will it be a six-issue miniseries? If so, then you'd have to think Weapon X would either have captured a few more or they'll come into major conflict with Alpha Flight itself.

And I see that AF #12 is not coming out next week. Diamond does not have it listed and my comic store (OK, it's 2 hours away) has not emailed me that they will have it.

Maybe that means it'll be a double-sized issue

Or that it'll work into Ben/Phil's "hints"

Unless 'which AFers are in the Weapon X mini' is their hidden news

Or maybe it's just a week late or Diamond made a boo-boo and it means nothing

Ah, to have AF on the schedule without any worries....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The URL....

http://www.paperfilms.invisionzone.com/

Scroll down to Frank's forum. I stumbled upon the site and thought I'd ask Frank about upcoming LS.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Alpha Flight #12 has been delayed til 02/09/05, which gives us one more week on life-support, after which the plug will be pulled.

MM

Why on Earth are they delaying it? Delaying the release of a last issue is a bit odd, isn't it?.....I mean, what would cause such a delay(surely the book has been done for a while now)? Sorry, I'm very confused right now.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    Why on Earth are they delaying it? Delaying the release of a last issue is a bit odd, isn't it?.....I mean, what would cause such a delay(surely the book has been done for a while now)? Sorry, I'm very confused right now.

Dana
    Maybe it's a good thing? [-o<

www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well at least we'll have some Alphans still in print every month.

The Jefferies teaser is good. At first I didn't like the way they took the character but now I'm starting to really like the idea Tieri is working.

I asked whether we'll see the original AF come gunning for their comrades. Let's see what FT has to say on that note.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I asked whether we'll see the original AF come gunning for their comrades. Let's see what FT has to say on that note.
    he didn't have much to say about that question Tom, but he DID say to your question:

QUOTE(Barnacle13 @ Feb 4 2005, 01:27 PM)
    Rumor has it Aurora shows up in Alpha Flight #12. How does this effect your continuity? Or are you gonna consider that series (and its continuity screw ups) a bad dream like the rest of the Alpha Flight fans out there?

Tom

I'm not worried about it

FT
    Ben

Maybe AF will have battled Weapon X in the past, since it appears the book will be set in the future, albeit near future.

I figure he'll ignore Lobdell's book and we'll see something like Aurora's 5th personality leading Byrne AF back to Weapon X headquarters only to finf Lil and Persuasion dead, more AFers captured, and Box capable of overwhelming everyone by himself, WX and AF.

Who knows?

ETA for 'good news' from Ben/Phil: 6 days? [-o<
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Anyone else notice that in the AF #12 letters page, they list Bart Sears as the Weapon X artist? That's the first I heard him named for that.

Ben

Does anyone know when the Weapon X mini-series is coming out?? I heard sometime this summer?