Thread: Hidden news??

Default Hidden news??

Maybe I should make this a poll. Do you non-moderators think Ben or Phil or both know something about AF that the rest of us don't?

Phil has been coy and evasive in his "wait 'til issue #12 comes out" posts and now I see Ben giving us some 'I know stuff I can't talk about yet' talk.

Cheese whiz guys, are you covertly trying to keep our spirits up or are am I just being WAY too curious/optimistic?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Default Re: Hidden news??

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Maybe I should make this a poll. Do you non-moderators think Ben or Phil or both know something about AF that the rest of us don't?

Phil has been coy and evasive in his "wait 'til issue #12 comes out" posts and now I see Ben giving us some 'I know stuff I can't talk about yet' talk.

Cheese whiz guys, are you covertly trying to keep our spirits up or are am I just being WAY too curious/optimistic?
    Phil's been Phil. So don't trust anything that can be attributed to him and I just think Ben's been too much influenced by Phil. Phil do have that strange power an people. beware of the Phil....

Or it's Del controling Phil who is controling Ben, We see the master maid oups mind here!

I think it's too late for me. time to go to sleep

Actually, it is a two-edged blade: both Ben and Phil have contacts in the profession that would give them a better idea of what's happening. However, those insights would, naturally, come at a price - namely secrecy, otherwise the anticipation would be shot to hell, and the foreknowledge would mess up the industry.

However, on the same note, As Sylvie said, Phil HAS been known for embellishing his extent of knowledge for as long as I can remember, suggesting he has insight he doesn't. (Phil - for the record, i don't consider this a bad thing. Personally, if you HAD changed that aspect of your personality, I'd start to worry.) Since a lot of you HAVEN'T know Phil for the last 6 years (God, has it been that long...), you prolly aren't used to the plethora of oddities that is our lovable Phil. Whether he knows something or not, well, that remains to be seen.

Ben, however, may in fact know more than he's letting on. I know he's on the contact list of some of the industries names, so it's a save bet he knows something. And why he doesn't tell is explainable - however, Ben's good about it, and is not known to brag about his knowledge (tho I don't envy him the burden of being a secret-keeper).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Well, me being too optimistic is a character trait. Been trolling here less most of you and I don't actually know anybody.

I hope I get my AF #12 this Friday and I hope then some good 'secret' can be spilled.

Live it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

no comment from upper managment?

soooooo, how 'bout that local sports team?

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    soooooo, how 'bout that local sports team?

Ben
    Now that's just plain funny!

Live it.

I thought the NHL was in a lock out. The local sports team is in about the same shape as Alpha Flight for most folks. For me it's even worse, because the only real professional sports team in the area is the New Orleans Saints. And using the term "professional" with New Orleans Saints in the same sentence is somewhat of an oxymoron. Here's hoping Alpha Flight has a shorter off season.

If theres a secret out there it's that the series will be relaunched starting with issue 13 with the classic AF. The ending in #12 is that the ANADAF decides to retire and open a Haagen Daaz ice cream parlor therefore pressing the old squad to hurry back to Earth to take up the mantle yet once again.

Now thats a scoop.

Now if they can only find Flex to join them as the Human Scoop!

Weather's quite nice for this time of year, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ANAD Phil Vol3
    Weather's quite nice for this time of year, eh?
    Not where I am, it's ****ing freezing and wet. Still I suppose I could climb out of the freezer.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!