Thread: Northstar Excelsior'd?

Default Northstar Excelsior'd?

Okay, I've already blabbed that Excelsior is an all-new new group of existing Marvel characters who'll be appearing in the pages of the new RUNAWAYS ongoing starting in February, and that two of its six members are mutants (though only one was ever in an X book). Are they heroes? Are they villains? Or are they something else entirely?

Lots of good guesses here at the Cabal so far (and at least one of you was getting sorta close), so here's one more tantalizing clue. The initials of one of the group's civilian identities are:

J.P.

Hm. Any takers?
    Spread the word,
    BKV

John Proudstar
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    John Proudstar
    Considering John's been dead - and remained so - for over 30 years, I doubt it's him. However it could be his younger brother Jimmy. But, ntl, I'd like it to be the OTHER JP
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Personally, I'd prefer it if they rebooted Alpha with the original cast in the near future, so I'd rather that JP stay out of action until then. But that's just me dreaming big.

Your right Alan, and James was the one I meant. Guess it's been too long since I've seen the character in action to remember, or maybe even to care whether he was John or James. As long as it's clean, he should answer to it.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Your right Alan, and James was the one I meant. Guess it's been too long since I've seen the character in action to remember, or maybe even to care whether he was John or James. As long as it's clean, he should answer to it.
    Well considering Jimmy has been Liefield's play-toy for too damned long, I can see why you've confused him for his more-fortunate brother.

Well, Newsarama just posted part of the Excelsior lineup. The JP is in fact Julie Power of the Power Pack. So no Northstar...

Which reminds me of a great moment in JP history - a very obscure piece of Alpha Flight trivia: One of several editing gaffes in the Feb 1985 issue of Crystar #11... on p18, Shaman calls Northstar, "Jean-Pierre". heh.

For the insane, the other editing gaffes are: Snowbird appearing on the cover but not inside, Northstar appearing inside but not on the cover, and Puck appearing on the last page with the orange "P" missing from his costume.

Love,
    rplass

It's the Monty Python fan in me, I'm sure, but I think that would have made a great running gag. The wise, stoic, and seemingly "all-knowing" Shaman continuously abusing JP's name: it would send Jean-Paul into fits, and Shaman's unbreakable poker face would provide the perfect cover.

Just joking, of course... though now that I think about it, that would be perfect for Puck.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Well, Newsarama just posted part of the Excelsior lineup. The JP is in fact Julie Power of the Power Pack. So no Northstar...
    What's the link to that article?

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...threadid=25219

Plus, they have a pic of the team, I think it's kind of odd for Chamber to be on any hero team ever since he joined Weapon X